Through the databases of EBSCO and Cengage/Learning (Gale), the library provides students and
faculty with electronic access to specialized theology and counseling information
resources as well as an entire electronic library of general academic resources.
These resources are restricted for use by Western students and faculty only.
User IDs and passwords are provided in each course’s syllabus.
- Search EBSCOHOST for
- ATLA, the American Theological Library Association religion database,
- PsycArticles, from the American Psychological Association (APA), which contains full-text
articles from some 80 psychological journals, 1894-present,
- eBook Academic Subscription Collection, a growing library of over 83,000 academic ebooks.
These can be read on your computer or downloaded to your e-reader. See instructions under the
category browse menu on the left of the screen. Contact the library or office for assistance.
may search several databases at once, but EBSCO recommends one at a time,
among the databases differ.
If you are
new to EBSCO, click
here for an introductory online tutorial.
contact the librarian for additional assistance.
- GALE CENGAGE provides access to a variety of
databases. This also requires a username and password which will need
to be acquired from Western's Library staff. MFT students: note the Psychology
- Counseling and Therapy in Video, Volume
I (350 recordings), from Alexander Street Press, contains hundreds of hours
of lectures, training videos, reenactments, and footage of
actual therapy sessions conducted by renowned psychiatrists,
psychologists, and social workers. Please contact the library
for user name and password.