M.A. in Global Leadership
The mission of God is global in scope, and so His Church must learn to accomplish that mission of love and redemption at a worldwide level. The Master of Arts in Global Leadership equips those who will serve in communities beyond the North American context. The training provides a rich foundation of biblical and theological studies and then progresses to intercultural studies, communication theory, ministry skill, and spiritual formation. It also offers students a chance to tailor their studies to their context, by completing their choice of specialization track with a partner institution that brings expertise in a field outside Western's wheelhouse. Creative class scheduling and forward thinking online design mean that even students living abroad can complete their training with little interruption. The result? Our graduates' effectiveness transcends borders, where they lead effectively as pastors, church planters, business leaders, educators, justice advocates, community service workers and missionaries.
EARN A DEGREE
...In as few as two years
32 credits online,
|Education||English as a Second Language (ESL)|
|Evangelism and Discipleship||Intercultural Counseling|
|Intercultural Studies||Justice Ministry|
|Marketplace Ministry||Build your own with advisor|
What Sets Our Global Leadership Training Apart?
- An emphasis on Gospel-centrality for spiritual formation, theological understanding, and cross-cultural ministry
- Partnerships with industry-leading organizations allow you to pick the best electives for your ministry context. For instance...
- Complete MBA courses with Corban University to specialize in Marketplace Ministry
- Complete M.A. Justice and Mission courses with Denver Seminary to specialize in Justice Ministry
- Survey all books of the Bible to see how they expand the meaning of the Gospel
- Create a statement of faith rather than adopting the seminary's doctrinal position
- Four semesters of praxis and engaged feedback via Field Leadership Mentoring
M.A. in Global Leadership Curriculum
The M.A. in Global Leadership may be completed in two years’ time through online courses, as well as two weeks of summer intensive courses per year at our Portland campus. Students who live near the Portland, San Jose, or Sacramento campuses (or the Seattle Teaching Site) may elect to complete a greater number of courses on campus if they choose, taking daytime, evening or intensive courses.
Theological Education That Keeps Debt Down
Ministry work can bring limited financial reward. That's why we encourage wise financial stewardship as you pay for school. In fact, the average Western Seminary student graduates with an average of only $8532 in loan debt to repay. It might surprise you to learn that only about 19% of our students utilize loans, choosing instead to paying out of pocket, with scholarships, or via a monthly payment plan. Look into your options for financial aid.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited undergraduate institution
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A completed application for admission and all admissions materials
If an applicant does not have a bachelor's degree or does not meet one of the requirements above, we invite them to contact an enrollment counselor to explore alternative M.A. in Global Leadership admission requirements.