M.A. (Biblical and Theological Studies)
The Master of Arts (Biblical and Theological Studies) degree program builds a strong comprehension of theology, rooted in a thorough investigation of the Scriptures, with an eye toward Gospel-centered transformation. Students will find themselves academically fit and spiritually prepared as informed theologians for work as a ministry leader, pastor, or educator, or for professional people whose ministry is in the marketplace. This blend of training also serves as an excellent foundation for later doctoral studies.
Earn a Degree
...In as few as two years
...or complete 44 credits online,
What Sets Western Seminary Bible and Theology Training Apart?
- An emphasis on Gospel-centrality for spiritual formation and theological understanding
- Students develop their own theological position directly from the Bible, rather than adopting an institutional doctrinal position
- Choices to fit personal interests:
- The Exegetical Track to focus on Greek and Hebrew languages with an optional thesis project.
- The Theological Track to specialize in Bible, theological, or historical studies.
- Visit either Israel or Greece and Turkey on faculty-led study tours for elective credit
The M.A. (Biblical and Theological Studies) may be completed in two years’ time through conventional courses on any of our seminary campuses, at our online campus, or by completing some studies at Seattle Teaching Site in addition to final studies at any degree-granting campus. Students who live at a distance may also complete their training without the need to relocate or leave their ministry context through the following scheduling options, though their completion timeframe may be extended:
|Monday Track||Complete your training in one day of class on campus per week.|
|In-Ministry Track||Combines 44 credits of online learning with 5 weeklong trips to campus for live courses.|
|Online Courses||Take up to 44 credits online with support from dedicated course instructors. Choose from any of 80 courses in any semester.|
M.A. (Biblical and Theological Studies) Admission Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited undergraduate institution
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A completed application for admission and all admissions materials
If an applicant does not meet one of these requirements, we invite them to contact an enrollment counselor to explore alternative M.A. (Biblical and Theological Studies) admission options.