M.A. in Ministry and Leadership
The Master of Arts in Ministry and Leadership degree program enables students to bring transformation to churches and parachurch organizations through a rich biblical understanding and a refined leadership skill set. This training spans communication theory, biblical studies, theology, discipleship and spiritual formation -- with the result that our students lead and serve effectively in a wide variety of global ministry roles. While this program is a great fit for support pastors or parachurch leaders, it is not designed to prepare individuals for roles that may require ordination.
EARN A DEGREE
...In as few as two years
40 credits online,
What Sets Western Seminary's Leadership Training Apart?
- An “Open Track” allows students to build their own specialization and to acquire skills that are as unique and missional as their call to ministry
- Survey all books of the Bible to explore how they expand the meaning of the Gospel
- Four semesters of Mentored Field Ministry, experiencing challenge and success in serving real people, all under the supervision of a seasoned ministry practitioner
- Earn up to 12 credits for concurrent studies with ReTrain (Resurgence Training Center)
|Coaching||Pastoral Care to Women|
|Jewish Ministry||Youth and Family Ministry|
The M.A. in Ministry and Leadership may be completed in two years’ time through conventional courses on any of our seminary campuses. Students who live at a distance may also complete their training without the need to relocate or leave their ministry context through the following scheduling options, though their completion timeframe may be extended:
|Monday Track||Complete your training in one day of class on campus per week.|
|In-Ministry Track||The In-Ministry Track combines 40 credits of online learning with 5 weeklong trips to campus for live courses.|
|Online Courses||Take up to 40 credits online with support from human course instructors. Choose from any of 80 courses in any semester.|
- A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited undergraduate institution
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A completed application for admission and all admissions materials
If an applicant does not have a bachelor's degree or does not meet one of the requirements above, we invite them to contact an enrollment counselor to explore alternative M.A. in Ministry and Leadership admission requirements.