Local Church Partnerships
Western Seminary exists to train those who give their lives to shepherd and serve the Church. Toward that end, we've formed partnerships with a variety of local churches in an effort to decrease the training costs for select members of their staff or congregation.
10 - 20%
Partner churches currently include:
- Garden City Church // Santa Clara, CA
- Vintage Faith Church // Santa Cruz, CA
- The Well Community Church // Fresno, CA
- Acts 29 Network Churches
- Conservative Baptist Churches (CBAmerica)
If your church is interested in forming a partnership with Western Seminary, contact Dr. Reid Kisling.
A scholarship that trims your training costs
Get your ministry training from a seminary devoted to the truth of the Bible, and the centrality of the gospel -- all while cutting down your costs with a special scholarship. Depending upon the details of your church's agreement, staff, interns, or congregation members may receive a scholarship covering betwen 10-20% of tuition. Explore qualification requirements and learn how to apply.
Scheduling that lets you learn without leaving
We specialize in training students who are already serving, which means we offer classes in accessible ways that won't require you to uproot from the church and community where God has put you. At our campuses in Portland, San Jose, and Sacramento, you'll find 2-4 day intensive courses as well as evening and weekend courses. Our Online campus also makes a majority of master's level courses available via your web-connected devices, and some degree programs are available entirely online.
Choose from a variety of degree programs
Western Seminary is wonderful place to train for pastoral ministry, but it also offers excellent preparation for leadership in other careers that further the gospel. Counselors, chaplains, missionaries, coaches, parachurch workers, and professors have all trained at Western by selecting from these degree options:
- Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)
- Doctor of Intercultural Studies
- Master of Theology (Th.M)
- Master of Divinity (M.Div.)
- M.A. in Counseling
- M.A. in Marital and Family Therapy
- M.A. (Biblical and Theological Studies)
- M.A. in Ministry and Leadership
- Graduate Studies Diploma
- Graduate Studies Certificate
- Addiction Studies Certificate
- Certificate in Transformational Coaching
Want to learn more about your training options at Western Seminary?