Thank you for considering Western Seminary students and graduates for the ministry position available at your church. It is our pleasure to assist you in your search. To ensure the accuracy of your request, please complete the form below.
Full Name: Timothy Chapman
Spouse: Karen Chapman
Address: 36219 Casey Ct. Newark, CA 94560
Phone: (510) 501-8840
Position: Associate Pastor, Adult, Christian Ed, Small Groups, Assimilation
- Western Seminary June 2014 - Master of Arts (Biblical & Theological Studies) - Exegetical Track
- Ashford University February 2010 - Bachelor of Administration in Organizational Management - Dean's list: Spring 2009, Fall 2009, Spring 2010
- Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society Ohlone Junior College June 1990 Associate of Liberal Arts
- May 2000 First Baptist Church of Warm Springs
- Ministerial License August 1992 First Baptist Church of Warm Springs
I came to a saving faith in Christ at the age of 8. However, it wasn't until my teen years that I truly began to understand the relationship that I had with my Savior. Having grown up in a Christian home that was active in church ministries and activities, my ministry experience dates back more than 25 years and includes roles as Youth Director, Associate Pastor, and Senior Pastor. Key areas of ministry focus and effectiveness are in administration and organizational development. A preacher and teacher of God's word for seventeen years; able to present God's truth in a modern and applicable fashion; excellent knowledge of Christian issues; focused on teaching Christians how to understand and apply God's word to their lives.
Full Name: Daniel Christensen
Spouse: Erin (married 15 years, we have 3 young children)
Address: Salem, OR 97306
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor, Adult, Christian Ed
- Master's degree in Exegetical Theology (Western Seminary, 2003)
- Bachelor's degree in Biblical Srudies (George Fox University, 2000)
- 2006-present, professor of Bible and theology courses at Northwest University-Salem Campus
- 2004-2011, pastor Talbot Community Church in Jefferson, OR
Please email me for a full resume. My family would prefer to minister in the state of Oregon.
Full Name: Julie Crummett
Address: 3139 Majestic Oak Cir Cottonwood, CA 96022
Position: Adult, Assimilation
- Master of Arts, Ministry Leadership: Transformational Coaching, Western Seminary, Portland OR: December 2014
- Advanced Studies Certificate, Pastoral Care to Women, Western Seminary, Portland OR: 2012
- Graduate Diploma, Western Seminary, Portland OR: 2011
- Bachelor of Science, Health & Community Service, California State University, Chico: 1994
- Distance Learning Coordinator, Simpson University, Redding CA: 2013-Present
- Institutional Research Technician, Simpson University, Redding CA: 2013-2014
- Grant Specialist, Simpson University, Redding CA: 2011-2013
- Operations Coordinator, Simpson University, Redding CA: 2009-2010
- Program Services Coordinator, Lane County Administration, Eugene OR: 2007-2008
- Operations Manager, State of Oregon Human Services, Newport OR: 1999-2000
- Program Coordinator, Housing Authority Lincoln County, Newport OR: 1996-1999
- Field Services Specialist, American Cancer Society, Redding CA: 1996
- Health Education Specialist, Shasta County Public Health, Redding CA: 1996
- Health Educator, Del Norte County Public Health, Crescent City CA: 1994-1996
Full Name: Donald C. Ebel Sr.
Spouse: Judy Ebel
Address: 10400 SE 11th St. Vancouver, WA 98664
Position: Associate Pastor, Worship, Small Groups, Assimilation
9/12-4/14 Grace Christian Fellowship A Free Methodist Congregation Pastor Kelly Cohoe 7325 N. Bank St. Portland, OR 97203 503-286-2085 http://gcfportland.org Pastoral Intern Under the guidance of Pastor Kelly Cohoe I assisted in preaching, small group leadership, ministry team, leading worship; on-call pastor when Pastor Cohoe was out of town. 2008-2012 Bethel Baptist Church 7807 N. Fessenden St. Portland, OR 97203 503-286-4123 Pastor Preached two different sermons per Sunday (am/pm) and led Wednesday night Bible study; prepared and led worship for all services; conducted individual discipleship studies; performed seven baptisms; basic counseling for referral purposes. 1999-2004 Woodburn United Methodist Church Pastors Dave and Kathy Raines 700 N Cascade Dr. Woodburn, OR 97071 503-982-2891 Music Director Prepared and led worship music; directed choir in weekly and seasonal presentations; working with pastors, created a contemporary worship service with five-piece praise band; proposed and oversaw purchase, installation and training for new sound system in sanctuary. 1991-1993 Hinson Memorial Baptist Church Interim Pastor Ralph Laidlaw Pastor Gene Selander 1315 SE 20th Ave. Portland, OR 97214 503-232-1156 Music Director Prepared and led worship music; directed choir in weekly and seasonal presentations; created, wrote and directed Scripture-based Good Friday readersâ?T theater service featuring choir, full orchestra, soloists, costumes and sets. 1990-1991 Faith Community Church (Formerly First Congregational) 146 E. Main St. Hopkinton, MA 01748 508-435-5900 Choir Director Rehearsed and directed weekly and seasonal choir presentations; led congregational singing.
Full Name: Randy Ehle
Spouse: Eiley Ehle
Address: 4701 Date Ave Unit 315 La Mesa, CA 91942
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor
- Master of Arts in Ministry & Leadership, Western Seminary, Apr 2014
- Bachelor of Arts in International Business, San Diego State University, Dec 1993
- Associate of Science in Business Administration, Grossmont College, Jun 1990
- Cold Springs Community Church. Placerville, CA. Associate Pastor. 2009-2014
- Imago Dei Community. Portland, OR. Volunteer in Marriage Ministry, Missions, and Small Group Leader. 2006-2009
- College Avenue Baptist Church. San Diego, CA. Small Group and Adult Sunday School Leader. 1998-2006
- Church Board Member. 2001-2003
- Business Committee Member. 1998-2003
- Short Term Missions Participant 1989-1994
- University Ministry Staff. 1989-1994
- Mission Hills Baptist Church, Littleton, CO. Small Group and Adult Sunday School Leader. 1994-1997
Garrett, Kelly Ryan
Full Name: Kelly Ryan Garrett
Spouse: Maureen Garrett
Address: 5511 SE Hawthorne Blvd Portland, OR 97215
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor, Adult, Youth, Christian Ed, Small Groups, Assimilation, Counselor
- M.Div./M.A. in Counseling, Western Seminary, 2012-present
- B.A. in Psychology, Texas A&M University, 2005
- Empower Sudan: Area Strategy Coordinator 2012 - Present. Lead annual trips to support local church planters in South Sudan; Conduct trainings on theology, discipleship, and community development; Recruit team members and provide training and spiritual guidance.
- Northwest Bible Church: Premarital class teacher 2010 - 2014. Prepared and taught materials dealing with a variety of topics; Counseled and mentored engaged couples preparing for marriage.
- Maadi Community Church, Cairo, Egypt 2006 - 2008. Youth Staff - Led all aspects of youth programming for 1,000+ member, multi-ethnic, multi-generational, International church; Planned weekly activities, bible studies and retreats for youth ages 12-18; Taught in large group, small group and individual mentorship settings.
- Young Adults Minister - Started young adults program serving singles and young couples; Created overall strategy, planned large group meetings, oversaw new small groups, and recruited leadership team.
- ESL Program Coordinator - Developed ESL curriculum for children and youth at a Refugee school; Taught English classes and recruited and trained additional teachers.
- Pine Cove Camps - Youth Counselor and Leadership Staff 2001-2003
- OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE: Workready Texas inc: Employment Specialist 2010 - Present. Provide employment services such as career counseling, job searching, interview preparation, and job training for individuals with disabilities. Daybreak Community Services: Foster Care Provider 2009 - Present. Provide care and mentorship for married couple with Down syndrome
Full Name: Gary Stephen Golike
Spouse: Barb Golike
Address: 2302 N. 70th Ave. Omaha, NE 68104
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor
- D.Min. Knox Theological Seminary, Ft. Lauderdale FL (in process)
- M.Div. Western Seminary 1979
- B.S. Corban University 1974
- Ordination, Calvary Baptist Church, Wickenburg AZ
- Interim Pastor, Arbor Drive Community Church, York NE 2013-present
- Pastor, First Baptist Church, Fallbrook CA 2004-2012
- Pastor, Calvary Baptist Church, Wickenburg AZ 1988-2004
- Pastor, Valley Baptist Church, Carpinteria CA 1979-1988
Date Submitted: 6/1/2015
Full Name: Joyce Harper
Address: 7513 Ripplewood Ct. Citrus Heights, CA 95621
Positions: Pastor, Associate Pastor, Adult, Small Groups
- Master of Divinity - Western Seminary, Portland, OR - completed December 2014 (will receive MDiv with honors August 1, 2015)
- 2014 Bachelor of Arts in Business Management - Graduated with Honors: St. Mary's College, Moraga, CA
- 1987 Master of Theology, Pacific Coast Bible College, Sacramento, CA
- Two Seminary Internships - 1) Ministry Director - American River Community Church, Carmichael, CA; Preached two Sundays, spoke at Women's quarterly coffee talk ; Children's Ministry Director / Developed a puppet house ministry for younger children; Midweek Adult Bible Study leader; Church offered a paid position as Pastor of Children and Prayer Ministries with process for ordination. 2014 2) Pastoral Ministry Intern, Bayside Church, Granite Bay, CA; Pastoral Prayer Ministry Team Leader with weekly prayer appointments; Singles Ministry Team Leader - Leader and team teacher for weekly meetings; Member of the Internal Chaplaincy providing prayer, hospital visitation; Single Adult ministries Bible Study leader; Weekly discipleship/mentoring meetings with individuals
- 2013 Prior to Seminary - Variety of Ministry Experience; Experienced Keynote Speaker for Church in Littleton, Colorado; Founder, and Leader of an Independent Women's Retreat Ministry; Women's Ministry coordinator, Trinity Life Church, Sacramento California; Community Bible Study speaker for Adult and Teen groups; Area Women's Minister, Northern California; Experienced teacher for Stonecroft, Women's Aglow, and Women of Faith studies; Experienced in creating curriculum including authoring a ministry booklet
- Prior to 2013 Secular Career History and Accomplishments Operations Specialist: Raley's Corporation Offices, West Sacramento, CA ; Streamlined outdated contractor management system: result: acceleration of work projects; Created "Dinner Tonight" marketing program: received: Company President's Innovation Award; Created centralized communication for unused equipment inventory resulted in reduced purchases; Assumed essential job duties of 3 other employees during layoff of 153 corporate employees in 2011; Review of supply costs reduced overall costs and identified potential cost ; Performed Store Audits at various locations; Corporate liaison for all Charitable Organizations 1990 to 2013
Date Submitted: 2/26/2015
Full Name: Benjamin Hegtvedt
Address: 241 Independence Dr. Sequim, WA 98382
Positions: Pastor, Associate Pastor
- Master of Divinity, Western Seminary, Portland, OR - Summer 2015
- Director of Family Ministries, Dungeness Community Church, Sequim, WA (2012-Current) Initiated first ever DCC Family Camp by helping coordinate speaker, events, and location. Coordinating a Fall Festival by planning games, organizing food, establishing a chili and pie competition, and recruiting people to work the event. Developing and teaching workshops for parent training. Working with other ministries on a variety of projects and events.
- Pastoral Intern, Dungeness Community Church, Sequim, WA (2012- Current) Preaching to the congregation at least quarterly. Writing articles for the monthly newsletter. Attending Elder and Deacon Meetings. Learning about observing and participating in all areas of business and ministry at Dungeness Community Church. Started a boy's mentoring program.
- Middle School Director, Corvallis Evangelical Church, Corvallis, WA (2009-2011) Developed curriculum and taught weekly Sunday school and youth group lessons. Developed and trained a team to help at events, during Sunday school, and at youth group. Planned and led monthly youth outings and service projects.
- College Ministry, Corvallis Evangelical Church, Corvallis, WA (2008-2009) Started a new College ministry. Taught Sunday school lessons and small group lessons.
Date Submitted: 6/17/2015
Full Name: Jacob Hess
Address: 30749 SW Larson Rd. Lebanon, OR 97355
Positions: Associate Pastor, Worship, Adult, Youth, Children, Christian Ed, Small Groups, Assimilation
- Bachelor of Arts in Worship Ministry; Warner Pacific College
- 2013 Study Abroad in Uganda
- Best Semester Educational Achievements: Dean's List- 2009-2013. I was on the Dean's List every semester for getting a 3.5 GPA or above
- WORSHIP PASTOR; MARTHA LAKE COVANENT CHURCH; Lynwood, WA January 2015 June 2015 In this position I was charged with directing the musical side of worship at Martha Lake Covenant church. My responsibilities including helping to plan for each worship service with the pastor, keeping in communication with the other musicians and the secretary about the musical worship as well as leading worship Sunday mornings.
- WORSHIP LEADER/COUNSELOR/EMCEE AT CAMP TADMOR; Lebanon, Or Summers of 2010-2013 During the summers of 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 I worked at a CBNW Christian camp called Tadmor. In the summers of 2011 and 2012 I worked at the camp as the worship leader. My responsibilities varied from year to year, but my main responsibility was to daily lead the two different musical worship gatherings during the weekly camps. I also assembled a worship team of staff members, made song lists and led worship in smaller settings. In the summer of 2010 I worked at the same camp, but as a counselor. As a counselor my main responsibility was to lead the different age groups of kids that came each week. The ages ranged from 3rd graders all the way to high school. I had around ten kids each week which I would lead through devotions, debriefs, low ropes, games, and other programatic activities. I also worked in the summer of 2013 as the camp Emcee. In this position my responsibilities were to both plan and assist in leading the program team in the creative aspects of camp. I did many different things in this position including play writing, acting, administrating, planning, emceeing and more.
- RECORDING PROJECT; 2014 I worked with several friends to record eight worship songs that I have written over the years, one worship song I co-wrote, and one cover of Amazing Grace. I raised most of the funds for the recording and producing of the album through a website called Kickstarter. The album is entitled Home and can be found on iTunes, Spotify, CD Baby, and other music sites.
- YOUNG LIFE; Lebanon Or, 2013-2014 I was a volunteer Young Life leader. Young Life is a teen club with the mission of introducing adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith. My responsibilities included forming relationships, discipleship, and co-leading what we call Club which is a party with a purpose. Club is a fun meeting where we have food, games, skits, music, and a message.
- WORSHIP INTERNSHIP AT ENDEVAOR CHURCH; Portland, Or 09/01/12-12/10/12 As the worship intern at Endeavor church my main responsibilities included helping out with Sunday morning musical worship and leading worship for a Sunday night family forum which was started by the pastor to try to reach out to the outer community and provide a Biblical perspective on issues of family, marriage, and relationships. I also met on a regular basis with the pastor and the worship director.
- WORSHIP INTERNSHIP AT FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH; Lebanon, Or 2008-2009 As the worship intern at the First Presbyterian church my main responsibility was leading musical worship on Sunday mornings and during the high school and middle school youth groups. I was also responsible for leading the newly started middle school youth group. I planned the youth nights which included teaching, games, and worship with the help of the pastor and other parents.
- MISSION TRIP WITH TOUCH THE WORLD MINISTRY; New Jersey/Jamaica 2007 I went on a mission trip with Touch The World Ministries to Jamaica which is an organization that sends hundreds of kids all over the world and is based in New Jersey. I went to New Jersey for training and team building for several weeks then I went with a team to Jamaica and helped with the renovation of a school for the deaf and was in Jamaica for a few weeks.
Full Name: George Hoherd
Spouse: Madeline Hoherd
Address: 5111 Blackcloud Loop Colorado Springs, CO 80922
Position: Associate Pastor, Christian Ed, Counselor, Small Groups
- MDiv-Western Seminary
- Chaplain - Southern Baptist
- Ongoing training in counseling
- Senior Pastor
- Minister of Education
- Minister of Pastoral Care
- Chaplain Intern Chaplain: Boys and Girls Ranch
- Chaplain: Disaster Relief
- Counseling Center Therapist
- Small Group Leader
- Workshop Presenter
- Life Coach/Mentor
Full Name: Robert W. Hoyt
Spouse: Naoma L. Hoyt
Address: 16560 SE Ladd Ct. Milwaukie, OR 97267
Position: Associate Pastor, Adult, Christian Ed, Assimilation
- M.A. (Biblical & Theological Studies), Western Seminary; 2015. New Testament Language and Exegesis Award.
- B.S. Wildlife Management, Colorado St. Univ.; 1976
- Gracepointe Church, Milwaukie, OR: co-lead a Bible study for ex-offenders, as a part of the teaching rotation. In the teaching rotation for Adult SS electives, currently teaching course on how to interpret Scripture.
- Pearl Church, Portland, OR: led one of the Home Groups in the Small Group ministry. This included facilitating discussions, giving others the opportunity to lead discussions, and being available to respond to issues that arise in people's lives and walks.
- Good Shepherd Community Church, Boring, OR: led one of the Small Groups in the Small Group ministry. This included facilitating discussions, giving others the opportunity to lead discussions, and being available to respond to issues that arise in people's lives and walks.
- Clackamas Bible Church, Clackamas, OR: responsible for oversight of assigned ministry areas, such as Adult CE, and later Missions. Responsibilities included overseeing ministry leaders, helping to set directions and yearly objectives, and creating and managing to ministry budgets. I also served as chairman of the Board from 1998-2002.
- Los Angeles County Jails: 1986-1992; led Jail Team and developed team members to take over leadership; led Bible studies in Maximum Security block; led worship services in Maximum and Minimum Security sections.
- First Baptist Church, Canoga Park, CA: 1986-1991; responsible for the oversight of ministry areas as well as the overall spiritual well-being of the church. My assigned area of responsibility was Christian Education - programs, staffing, and budget. As a part of the Board I participated in annual staff reviews and in annual ministry planning and budgeting. As Chairman, I worked closely with the Senior Pastor, coordinating Board activities with the annual ministry goals.
Full Name: Edward F. Ramer
Spouse: Meagan Ramer
Address: 212 Iris Park Dr. Pineville, LA 71360
Position: Associate Pastor, Worship, Small Groups, Assimilation
- Western Seminary: presently pursuing M.Div.
- Louisiana State University- Graduated 2015 with Bach. General Studies (Concentrations- Social Sciences "&" Psychology)
- Texas Bible Institute 2001-2002 This was a non-accredited, strictly evangelical course of study. The year is spent focusing on Christian formation and ministry preparation. I was invited to attend the 2nd year Staff Intern Program, but chose to return home to serve as my Pastor's intern
- LA Army National Guard- Chaplain Asst. Nov. 2003- Present Leading worship at all events for soldiers and families Developing annual ministry and budget plans Developing media presentations for Marriage retreats as well as other workshops for soldiers and their families Training, supervising and mentoring subordinate unit ministry team members
- First United Methodist Church Pineville, LA Dec. 2013-Mar. 2015 Leading contemporary worship services Helping plan service schedule with leadership team Organizing and recruiting volunteer musicians and vocalists
- Christian Challenge Worship Center Pineville, LA Apr. 2010-Dec. 2013 Led worship services for main Sunday meetings and preached when requested Helped start a Young Adult/Alternative service where I led worship & preached Served on Board of Counselors & attended weekly staff meetings (Combat Deployment 2008-2009)
- Church on The Rock Paradise,LA 1999-2007 Led worship in Youth and Adult Services Served as a Pastoral Intern and began preaching occasionally Played drums and guitar before leading Served as Youth Pastor
Date: May 30, 2015
Full Name: James Calvin Robinson
Spouse: Janell Kaylene Robinson
Address: 5706 NE 76th Ave Vancouver, WA 98662
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor, Adult, Youth
- Master of Divinity - Western Seminary, April 2015
- Ordained Minister - Assemblies of God, April 2015
- Endorsed Army Chaplain - Assemblies of God, May 2015
- 3 units Clinical Pastoral Education - Portland Veteran's Affairs (VA) Medical Center Hospital, Portland OR, 2014
- 2015-present Combat Medical Ministry certified (US Army)
- May 2014 Bachelor's of Science in Business Management - Pioneer Pacific College
- Oct 2008 Associate of Applied Science in Business with focus on Accounting, Pioneer Pacific College
- High School Diploma, U.S. Grant High School, Portland, OR 2001
- Portland Christian Center church, Portland, OR: -Volunteer with Youth Ministry, 2010-2012 -Prayer team volunteer, 2013-present
- Portland Veteran's Affairs Medical Center (PVAMC), Portland, OR: -Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE), 3 units (1200 clinical hours), 2014; 2015-present -Patient and hospital staff visitations, pastoral counselings, presentations, didactic lessons, VA hospital Behavioral Health Team roundings and meetings -Co-administered 1 funeral
- Chaplain Candidate in US Army Reserves, 2012-present -Soldier, individual/family pastoral counseling -Preaching (garrison/field services) -Administration of Holy Sacraments (communion, worship, invocations, benedictions, prayers) -Bible devotional studies leadership -Organizing/facilitating events (family day, 'duty day with God', Strong Bonds, etc) -Volunteer with Army Navigators ministry, Ft Bragg, NC, 2009-2010
Smith, Richard (Rick) Edwin
Date: May 20, 2015
Full Name: Richard (Rick) Edwin Smith
Spouse: Sandra (Sandy) Lynnne Smith
Address: 121 N. 11th St. Jefferson, OR 97352
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor, Adult, Assimilation
- I graduated from Cottage Grove High School, Cottage Grove, OR 1968
- I graduated from Long Beach City College, Long Beach, CA 1973 AA
- I graduated from Biola College (University) La Mirada, CA 1978 BA
- I graduated from Western Seminary (Cons. Bapt) Portland, OR M. Div 1981
- Interim Pastor Training Certificate CBNW 2009 United States Navy (Honorable Discharge) 1970
- I have had the privilege of serving as a pastor for 27 years in the Pacific Northwest.
- I have served as a senior or solo pastor for 18 of those years.
- I have served as a associate pastor for 8 of those years. I have served as a interim pastor for 18 months.
- I have enjoyed going on 5 mission trips, including 2 overseas: South Korea in 1988 and Russia in 2004.
Wheeler, Richard Kent
Date: September 21, 2014
Full Name: Richard Kent Wheeler
Spouse: Kari Leanna Wheeler
Address: 15748 SE Anderegg Pkwy. Damascus, OR 97089
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor, Small Groups, Assimilation
- M.A.B.T.S. - Western Seminary, completed August 2014
- B.A.B.L. - Multnomah Bible College, completed June 1997
- A.A.G.S. - Pima Community College, completed June 1997
- Senior Pastor, Sunnyside Community Church, Damascus, Oregon - February 2009 to July 2013
- Pastor of Youth Ministries, Hauser Community Church, North Bend, Oregon - September 2001 to January 2009