The Master of Arts in Ministry and Leadership degree program enables students to bring transformation to churches and parachurch organizations through a rich biblical understanding and a refined leadership skill set. This training spans communication theory, biblical studies, theology, discipleship and spiritual formation -- with the result that our students lead and serve effectively in a wide variety of global ministry roles. While this program is a great fit for support pastors or parachurch leaders, it is not designed to prepare individuals for roles that may require ordination.
EARN A DEGREE
...In as few as two years
40 credits online,
What Sets Western Seminary's Leadership Training Apart?
- An “Open Track” allows students to build their own specialization and to acquire skills that are as unique and missional as their call to ministry
- Survey all books of the Bible to explore how they expand the meaning of the Gospel
- Four semesters of Mentored Field Ministry, experiencing challenge and success in serving real people, all under the supervision of a seasoned ministry practitioner
|Coaching||Pastoral Care to Women|
|Jewish Ministry||Youth and Family Ministry|
The M.A. in Ministry and Leadership may be completed in two years’ time through conventional courses on any of our seminary campuses, or by completing some studies at the Seattle Teaching Site in addition to final studies at any degree-granting campus. Students who live at a distance may also complete their training without the need to relocate or leave their ministry context through the following scheduling options, though their completion timeframe may be extended:
|Monday Track||Complete your training in one day of class on campus per week.|
|In-Ministry Track||The In-Ministry Track combines 40 credits of online learning with 5 weeklong trips to campus for live courses.|
|Online Courses||Take up to 40 credits online with support from human course instructors. Choose from any of 80 courses in any semester.|
- A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited undergraduate institution
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A completed application for admission and all admissions materials
If an applicant does not have a bachelor's degree or does not meet one of the requirements above, we invite them to contact an enrollment counselor to explore alternative M.A. in Ministry and Leadership admission requirements.