The Graduate Studies Certificate program offers those with specific ministry interests a way to maximize their seminary training with a minimal commitment of time. Or it can serve those who hope to clarify their ministry call during a first year of studies. This high amount of customization in this certificate provides lay ministers, marketplace leaders, and Christian educators with the skills and knowledge they need to bring about Gospel-centered transformation in their particular community. If the desire for additional training arises, credits from the Graduate Studies Certificate may be transferred into a master’s degree program.
EARN A CERTIFICATE
...In as little as one semester
What Sets Our Training Apart?
- The option to complete the entire program from a distance through Western Seminary Online campus – a national leader in high-touch distance education.
- Specializations in Bible, Biblical Languages, Ministry, Pastoral Care to Women, Theology and Youth and Family Ministry make for laser-focused training experiences
- The “Open Track” permits students to create their own specialization with the guidance of an advisor
The Graduate Studies Certificate may be completed in one semester’s time through conventional courses on any of our campuses or teaching sites. Students who live at a distance may also complete their training without the need to relocate or leave their ministry context through the following scheduling options, though their completion timeframe may be extended:
|Monday Track||Complete your training in just one day of class on campus per week.|
|In-Ministry Track||Earn 4 credits of on campus coursework in just one week per semester.|
|Online Courses||Take alll 16 credits online with support from dedicated course mentors. Choose from any of 80 courses in any semester.|
- A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited undergraduate institution
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or higher
- A completed application for admission and all admissions materials
If an applicant does not meet one of these requirements, we invite them to contact an enrollment counselor to explore alternative Graduate Studies Certificate admission options.