Personal Safety and Security
We encourage all students to take responsibility for their own personal safety and security by observing a few suggestions:
- After dark, please walk to your vehicles, between buildings, or any other outdoor location in groups of two or more.
- Avoid being alone in a classroom or other indoor “semi-private” area for extended periods of time. If at anytime of day you ever find yourself feeling unease in an empty room or around another individual you do not recognize as a student, or feel personally violated by another person, leave the area immediately and report the incident or encounter to a Sacramento Campus staff member as a need for immediate assistance.
- Avoid walking in areas on campus, both inside and outside, which present a slipping or falling danger (areas of mud or pooling water, areas of spilled liquids or food). Please report the location of the area in question to a Sacramento Campus staff member as soon as possible.
- Keep your vehicle locked at all times.
- If leaving valuable (or non-valuable but tempting) items in your car, place them in an area where they are not immediately visible. Your best option is to put them in the trunk.
- Do not leave personal items of value lying around campus (in classrooms, library, Student Lounge, etc.) unattended. Western Seminary is not responsible for lost or stolen items.