If you have enrolled for a distance education course, you should already have received an email with the information required to begin your semester. In the event you no longer have access to the email or its contents, here is a general overview of what you need to know as you begin the semester.
Course media and resources for the great majority of summer 2013 distance learning courses are available for Internet download through the Integr@te Learning and Resource Delivery system. Disks will no longer be sent automatically; it is expected you will use the Integr@te system to access your distance education course. If you believe you still require the DVD-ROM disk, please send an email request to
briefly citing the reason. Of course, any student enrolled in a distance course may purchase their course disk for just $20 which includes the cost of shipping.
To download your course, you will need to install our desktop application Integr@te which will enable you to download the course content from our site. Integr@te uses the Adobe Air platform and is compatible with both Macintosh and Windows operating systems. To do so, visit Integrate Control: http://www.westernseminary.edu/integrate. For answers to many of your Integr@te questions, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Optional: Import Course Schedule
The ICAL file is a version of the course schedule that can be imported into many different calendar applications including Outlook, Google Calendar, ICalendar, and Integr@te. This file is found on the learning center under step #2.
Login to the Online Learning Centers
Login to the online learning center (OLC) for your course(s) by following the directions below:
Web Address: http://www.westernseminary.edu/olc
Login: Click on the Login link in the top right corner of the homepage. At the login prompt, enter your...
Username: Your Student ID
Password: If you have enrolled in a course since fall 2012, you will use the same password for the summer 2013 semester. If you were not, you will received your password by email. If you cannot locate the email or simply can't login, try clicking on "Forgotten your username or password?" then follow the instructions carefully. If you are unable to login and cannot reset your password, please contact the Online Campus offices immediately.
- Download and review your course syllabus carefully.
- Acquire the textbooks for your course or courses prior to the session start date (if possible). For your convenience, we have included links to Amazon.com in the book list which is available here. Note: Western Seminary participates in the Amazon.com affiliate program which returns from 4% - 6% of each purchase to the seminary without increasing the cost to you. You are, of course, free to purchase your texts at the place of your choice but we hope you will consider using these affiliate links to help underwrite the cost of your program. You must use the links included in your syllabus, or the Amazon search "widget" included on each campus' current students homepage at http://www.westernseminary.edu for the seminary to receive credit for your purchase.
- Select the correct schedule for your session ("A", "B", or "C"). You may also choose to download the iCal schedule for use in the Integr@te system.
- Complete and submit the "Affirmation" form within the first week of your session. This is critical; it represents your attendance at the beginning of the course. Failure to submit the form, to attend class, may result in your being withdrawn from the course or negatively impact your financial aid status.
- Contact your course mentor by phone or email.
- Complete all course assignments and submit the progress reports in a timely manner as required in the online learning center.