During each academic semester, all students are required to register for courses to take for the upcoming term. Current students should register during the specific Open Registration period, in order to ensure that there is room in the class for them.
Open Registration periods are as follows:
Fall registration: July
Spring registration: November
Summer registration: March
Students are encouraged to meet with their academic advisor prior to registration to review progress and to select courses for the subsequent semester.
A completed registration indicates that the student evidences his or her basic harmony with the doctrinal position of the Seminary and agrees to comply with all its regulations. Flagrant or habitual infraction of this standard will jeopardize the student’s continued enrollment.
Western Seminary utilizes an online Student Information System designed to provide you with a variety of student services. These instructions will introduce you to the system and answer many of your questions.
Using the Student Information System
1. From the seminary home page, you will find a link to the Student Information System (SIS) at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
2. Click on the link to SIS.
3. Enter your Student ID number and PIN, which is assigned by the Student Services office.
4. Answer the challenge question, which appears only during your initial log in. Simply enter an answer to one of the two questions and click on Change Challenge Answer Now. If you ever forget your PIN, you’ll be prompted to answer the question so that you can log in.
Registering for Classes
1. Click on "Registration" - located under the “Course Management” heading.
2. Select campus location (NOTE: Online courses are listed under a separate campus. Students should select the Online campus in order to register for a online course.)
3. Select term.
4. Read the information and click on "I Have Read The Above" to continue.
5. Select courses - Scroll down and select the course for which you want to register. Click on the blue course ID number. Select credit or audit. Click "Add Course". Repeat until you’ve selected all of the courses for which you want to register.
6. Submit for approval - Push this button after all of your courses have been selected. This notifies Western Seminary that you want to register. Please note: We cannot register you until you complete this important step.
Follow the steps for selecting courses and submitting for approval. Remember to push "Submit For Approval" each time you add a new course. Please pay attention to the post-open registration fees when adding classes.
Just click on the blue course ID in the list at the top of your screen. Scroll down and click "Drop Course". Remember to pay attention to the post-open registration fees and the refund that you’ll receive at the time of the drop.
Exceptions to Online Registration
Independent Studies, Individualized Studies, and thesis and dissertation credits cannot be registered for via online registration. If you want to register for these, contact your local campus Student Services office.