Registering for a Course
Take a course for master’s level credit
Step One: Apply for Admission to Western Seminary
- If you've not yet been admitted to Western Seminary, you'll need complete an Online Application for admission.
- If you have been admitted, but you haven't taken a class in a year or longer, you'll need to submit the Returning Student Application
- After being admitted, please complete the Online Student Orientation in order to be given access to the Student Information System, which enables you to register for courses online.
- Step Two: Register for Your Online Course(s):
Registering Online For Spring 2016
*Inquire with the Online Campus office about the progress of anticipated course releases (Open registration begins in November in SIS).
|Spring 2016 - Online Campus Session Dates|
|Session "A"||16 Weeks||Jan. 11 - April 29|
|Session "B"||Weeks 1-8||Jan. 11 - Mar. 4|
|Session "C"||Weeks 9-16||Mar. 7 - April 29
Biblical Languages Courses
NTS 508E, NTS 509E, OTS 508E, OTS 509E
Biblical Studies Courses
BLS 501E, BLS 501XE, BLS 501YE
BLS 502E, BLS 502XE, BLS 502YE, BLS 512E
BLS 503E, BLS 503XE, BLS 503YE
BLS 527E - Psalms. Ray Lubeck, Th.D.
Church History Courses
CHS 505E, CHS 505YE
Educational Ministries Course
EMS 505E - Growing Disciples Intentionally
Intercultural Studies Courses
DIS 501E - Communicating Christ in Culture
DIS 508E - Applied Anthropology
Learning to Interpret Scripture Courses
DBS 506E, DBS 506XE, DBS 506YE
Mentored Field Ministry Course
MFM 500E – Discovering & Developing Your Ministry Potential, Terry Burns, D. Min.
MFM501E-504E – Mentored Field Ministry, Terry Burns, D. Min., (Cohort entered by permission only)
Pastoral and Church Ministries Courses
DMS 501E, DMS 502E, PTS 505E, PTS 507E, PTS 508E, PTS 510E
Pastoral Care to Women
PCW 512YE - Women in Pain II, Beverly Hislop, D.Min.
PCW 513E - Women in Leadership, Beverly Hislop, D.Min.
Spiritual Formation Courses
SFS 501E, SFS 502E, SFS 504E
THS 501E, THS 501YE, THS 502E, THS 502XE, THS 503E, THS 508E, THS 512E, THS 513E
THS 561E – Equipping for Spiritual Warfare
THS 564LE – Prayer & Providence
THS 565LE – Highlights of Twentieth Century Theology
THS 566KE - Christology: The Person of Christ
Youth Ministry (Text-Based Courses)
YMS 503E - Managing Youth Ministry
Directed Study Courses
- "Directed Study Course Request" We believe it is in your best interest to take our courses in a learning community with other students. However, if you are unable to take a course in the semester or session shown on our posted schedule, you may fill out the form at this link to request consideration to take the course as a directed study.
Raise Your Credit Limit
- "Request to raise the Credit Limit"
Use this online form to request an increase in the number of credit hours you can take in a given semester.
To Drop a Class
If, for whatever reason, you find that you need to drop a course, please drop the course online in SIS. Please note that drops will incur a $25 course drop fee after the open registration window.