SAC Graduation: Diplomas

Graduate stands next to president Randy Roberts while holding his diploma.Receiving Your Diploma

If you graduate in Fall or Spring semester, you’ll receive your diploma during the Commencement Ceremony, provided the following conditions have been met:

  • All of your final grades have been submitted by faculty and your degree has been certified.
  • Your account balance has been cleared with This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. in the Finance Office.
  • You have completed the Financial Aid Exit Interview if you’ve received federal loans.

MFT Graduates

MFT graduates must complete all practicum hours, personal therapy requirements, and submit all MFT documentation paperwork no later than noon of the day before the last day of the semester in which you are graduating. IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE THIS STEP, your graduation will be delayed by one semester.

Summer Graduates

You can expect your diploma to be mailed to you around the end of September.  However, if you want to receive your actual diploma at the commencement ceremony, here’s what you’ll need to do:

  1. In order to meet the first condition above, your professors must submit your final grades to Wes Ehrhart in the Sacramento office by noon on Monday, August 11, 2013.  This means that you must connect with your professors at the beginning of the Summer semester to see if they are willing to submit your grades early.  You must also notify Wes Ehrhart in the Sacramento office that you have made arrangements with professors for early submission of your grades.  While Western Seminary makes every effort to certify Summer degrees in time for the commencement ceremony, the possibility remains that your degree may not be certified prior to the ceremony, even if you have submitted your work early.
  2. MFT graduates must submit all required paperwork to Director Jon Holmes early also.  Please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. regarding submitting this paperwork early.

Using Your Legal Name

Like your transcript, your diploma will be an official document.  Therefore, we will be using your full, legal name.  If you legally change your name before you graduate, you must submit a Name Change Form prior to the last week of the semester in which your degree will be certified.