- Here are the 2012 Christianity Today Book Awards, Colin Hansen lists My Top 10 Theology Stories of 2011, and here’s CT’s Top 10 News Stories of 2011.
- Literacy Matters–In Church: “In my former work as a high school teacher and now as an educational researcher, I’ve been amazed at the diversity of teens’ experiences, delighted by the creativity and resourcefulness that they demonstrate in various contexts, and impressed with their articulation about things that matter to them. My experiences with teens don’t negate these “moralistic therapeutic deism” findings from recent national studies, but they do prompt me to go beyond blaming teens for being self-centred and inarticulate.”
- Going Home Again: David Brooks’ moving piece on the power of community.
- The Book of Books: What Literature Owes the Bible: Marilynn Robinson has an excellent piece in the NYT on literature and the Bible. “The Bible is the model for and subject of more art and thought than those of us who live within its influence, consciously or unconsciously, will ever know.”
- Answering Questions People Actually Ask: Ed Stetzer looks at new research suggesting that people are far more likely to be asking questions about meaning/purpose than about heaven/hell.
- Here are 5 Tech Trends to Watch in 2012.
About Marc Cortez
Theology Prof and Dean at Western Seminary, husband, father, & blogger, who loves theology, church history, ministry, pop culture, books, and life in general.