Thank you for considering Western Seminary students and graduates for the ministry position available at your church. It is our pleasure to assist you in your search. To ensure the accuracy of your request, please complete the form below.
Full Name: John L Adolph
Address: 865 Camelia Dr. Dixon, CA 95620 USA
Positions: Pastor, Associate Pastor, Adult
Education: M.Div. Western Seminary 2013 | BA Western Ill. University 1972
Experience: I have served as an Elder and deacon. I preach from time to time, am a Small Group leader and serve in the Visitation Ministry.
Full Name: Charles Bradley
Spouse: Kimberly Bradley
Address: 963 Snow Lily Ave Galt, CA 95632
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor, Youth
- Master of Divinity - Western Seminary April 2013
- Bachelor of Science - Electronics Engineering Technology, Southern University at Baton Rouge, LA.
- Associate Minister- St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church, Sacramento, CA 2000 to Present
- Associate Minister - Genesis Missionary Baptist Church, Sacramento, CA 1995 to 2000
- Worship Leader and Preached Sermons at both locations in addition to Christian education, Sunday School Teacher, Youth and Children Church, and administered religious rites.
Full Name: Dax Bryant
Spouse: Sarah Bryant
Address: 208 NE 4th St. Enterprise, OR 97828
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor
- Master of Divinity (open track) - Western Seminary, Expected August 2015
- B.A. - Speech Communication - Northwest Christian University, Eugene, OR 1999
- Associate Pastor | Youth & Families Enterprise Christian Church | Enterprise, OR 2012 - Present - Led regular youth group meetings and special events for 7th - 12th grade students and their families - Taught adult Sunday School class - Discipleship with students & adults - Preaching as given opportunity
- Missionary Operation Mobilization | Ireland 2009 - 2012 - Co-pastor of Grace Community Church in Roscommon, Ireland - Coordinated visiting short-term missions groups, from logistics to ministry activities with local church partners - Developed sports ministry initiatives
- Lay Leader Summit Ridge Church | Las Vegas, NV 2004 - 2009 - Served as an elder, small group leader, treasurer, and volunteer in youth and children's ministries
Full Name: Donald C. Ebel Sr.
Spouse: Judy Ebel
Address: 10400 SE 11th St. Vancouver, WA 98664
Position: Associate Pastor, Worship, Small Groups, Assimilation
9/12-4/14 Grace Christian Fellowship A Free Methodist Congregation Pastor Kelly Cohoe 7325 N. Bank St. Portland, OR 97203 503-286-2085 http://gcfportland.org Pastoral Intern Under the guidance of Pastor Kelly Cohoe I assisted in preaching, small group leadership, ministry team, leading worship; on-call pastor when Pastor Cohoe was out of town. 2008-2012 Bethel Baptist Church 7807 N. Fessenden St. Portland, OR 97203 503-286-4123 Pastor Preached two different sermons per Sunday (am/pm) and led Wednesday night Bible study; prepared and led worship for all services; conducted individual discipleship studies; performed seven baptisms; basic counseling for referral purposes. 1999-2004 Woodburn United Methodist Church Pastors Dave and Kathy Raines 700 N Cascade Dr. Woodburn, OR 97071 503-982-2891 Music Director Prepared and led worship music; directed choir in weekly and seasonal presentations; working with pastors, created a contemporary worship service with five-piece praise band; proposed and oversaw purchase, installation and training for new sound system in sanctuary. 1991-1993 Hinson Memorial Baptist Church Interim Pastor Ralph Laidlaw Pastor Gene Selander 1315 SE 20th Ave. Portland, OR 97214 503-232-1156 Music Director Prepared and led worship music; directed choir in weekly and seasonal presentations; created, wrote and directed Scripture-based Good Friday readersâ?T theater service featuring choir, full orchestra, soloists, costumes and sets. 1990-1991 Faith Community Church (Formerly First Congregational) 146 E. Main St. Hopkinton, MA 01748 508-435-5900 Choir Director Rehearsed and directed weekly and seasonal choir presentations; led congregational singing.
Full Name: Thomas Fogg
Spouse: Natasha Fogg
Address: 10540 E. Burnside Street Portland, OR 97215
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor
- Master of Theology Pending April 2014 Western Seminary Portland, Oregon
- Master of Divinity Graduated 2002 Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary Cordova, Tennessee
- B.A.in Biblical/Theological Studies Graduated 1990 Washington Bible College Lanham, Maryland
- Senior Pastor 2004-2012 Ligonier Baptist Church Ligonier, Pennsylvania Church Planting Missionary (SBC)
- 2002-2004 Sequoia Community Church Ottawa, Ontario (Canada) Recreation Ministry Intern
- 1997-2002 Germantown Baptist Church Germantown, Tennessee Church Planting Intern (SBC Nehemiah Project)
- Summer 2001 Pacific Rim Church Langley, British Columbia Director of Small Groups/Youth/Singles
- 1994-1997 Big Woods Bible Church Castanea, Pennsylvania Assistant Pastor
- 1992-1994 Wyoming Avenue Christian Church Kingston, Pennsylvania Assistant Pastor
- 1990-1992 First Christian Church Fredericksburg, Virginia
Full Name: Philip Hans Garwood
Spouse: Heather Elise Garwood
Address:6012 SE Yamhill St. Portland, OR 97215
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor, Christian Ed
Hinson Baptist Church (503) 232-1156 Dr. Michael Lawrence http://www.hinsonchurch.org (Aug.-Dec. 2013) Pastoral Resident â?¢ The Hinson Baptist Pastoral Residency program is designed to prepare men for the position of Senior Pastor. It is the same program that Pastor Michael helped create and oversee at Capitol Hill Baptist in Washington, D.C. Over the course of the program the pastoral residents read over 5,800 pages from about thirty books, and write over 250 pages in response. Every week Dr. Lawrence meets with the residents to discuss the papers and arrive at a biblical understanding of the topics at hand. There is a strong emphasis on Biblical Theology, the gospel, worship, preaching, mission, evangelicalism, and ecclesiology. â?¢ Residents also attend every church event during the program, including all elders meetings, service planning and review meetings, staff meetings, church membership classes and interviews, weddings, funerals, and all Sunday services. â?¢ Residents meet individually with all elders, deacons, staff, and a number of members. Palouse Federated Church (509) 878-1509 Pastor Corey Laughary http://pfc.palousechurch.org/index.html (June-August 2012) Interim Pastor during Pastor Laugharyâ?Ts 9 week sabbatical â?¢ I led a 9 am and 11 am worship service every Sunday, and preached at both services except for 2 Sundays â?¢ I led two Bible studies each week. â?¢ I met for counseling with a stroke victim once a week. â?¢ I led a Sunday evening series focusing on the gospel and the church. â?¢ I served and acted as the full time pastor as needs surfaced. Sierra Lutheran High School (775) 267-1921 Ms. Debbie Connor, Principal www.slhs.com (Aug. 2002-July 2011) Religion Chair, Rostered Teacher & Commissioned Minister in the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod â?¢ In nine years of service I planned the curriculum for and taught Speech, Old and New Testament, World Religions, Church History, Christian Ethics, Christian Leadership, Basic Christianity, World History, U.S. History, Geography, and Spanish 1 & 2. â?¢ I worked in administration for the work-study program, attendance records, student counseling and discipline. â?¢ I served as the Chapel & Assembly coordinator. â?¢ I was the Student Government Advisor & class advisor. â?¢ I helped SLHS open and helped it grow from 28 students to 95. â?¢ I organized and led opening retreats for each school year. â?¢ I worked individually with young men to disciple them. City of Refuge (775) 721-1981 David R. Gamble, District Judge http://www.refugenevada.com/ (Aug. 2009-July 2011) Weekend Relief Parents at a home for pregnant teens â?¢ My wife and I cared for women (ages 12-40+) whom were pregnant and under the sentence of the law. â?¢ We made it our goal to share the gospel with each resident, and we had evangelistic bible studies every Friday morning. Grace Community Church (775) 782-6516 Brian S. Borgman, Pastor www.gracenevada.com Preaching â?¢ One Sunday each month I went into the youth correctional facilities or holding cells to share the gospel and preach. River of Life Lutheran Church Everett Garwood, Pastor Youth Pastor (2006-2008) â?¢ Taught Bible classes for HS youth for 2 years. â?¢ Organized and ran a youth camp during the summer of 2007 â?¢ Assisted the pastor with preaching, teaching, & communion distribution â?¢ Led home group/small group worship and Bible study OTHER Evangelism and Apologetics Seminar (2010) ïf~ I organized a fund raiser for Sierra Lutheran High, and taught on the Exclusivity of Christ in a Pluralistic World. Pulpit Supply (2002-2011) ïf~ I have preached on several occasions at New Life Community Church (Concord, MA), River of Life (Dayton, NV), Zion Lutheran (Glendale, CA), Grace Community (Minden, NV), and Hinson Baptist. Gospel Fellowship (October 2011-February 2012) ïf~ I led and preached for a worship service with another resident for a group of international students and missionaries at the Worldview Center where I currently live (Portland, OR). Adult Sunday school (March 2013 â?" August 2013) ïf~ I helped teach a 13 week Church History class. ïf~ I planned the curriculum for and taught a 13 week Systematic Theology Class (based on Wayne Grudemâ?Ts ST). ïf~ Lead teacher for 13 week course on OT Prophets overview Disciple Makers, 1st â?" 3rd Grade Sunday School (August 2012 â?" August 2013) ïf~ I served this class as an assistant or lead teacher with other parents and staff. Recorded Messages from Grace Community Church and Palouse Federated Church http://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?SpeakerOnly=true&currSection=sermonsspeaker&Keyword=Phil%5EGarwood http://pfc.palousechurch.org/sermons.php Sermons at the above link were preached on the following Sundays: June 17, July 1, 15, 22, 29, Aug 5, 12 2012 INFLUENCES AND BLOGS Nine Marks http://www.9marks.org The Gospel Coalition http://thegospelcoalition.org Together For the Gospel http://t4g.org Desiring God http://desiringgod.org
Full Name:Gary Stephen Golike
Address:2302 N. 70th Ave. Omaha, NE 68104
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor
- D.Min. Knox Theological Seminary, Ft. Lauderdale FL (in process)
- M.Div. Western Seminary 1979
- B.S. Corban University 1974
- Ordination, Calvary Baptist Church, Wickenburg AZ
- Interim Pastor, Arbor Drive Community Church, York NE 2013-present
- Pastor, First Baptist Church, Fallbrook CA 2004-2012
- Pastor, Calvary Baptist Church, Wickenburg AZ 1988-2004
- Pastor, Valley Baptist Church, Carpinteria CA 1979-1988
Date Submitted: 7/9/2013
Full Name: Mark D Hazen
Address: 10117 SE Sunnyside Rd. Ste. F #9 Clackamas, OR 97015
Positions: Associate Pastor, Worship, Adult, Small Groups
Education: 1994 Western Seminary Portland, OR Master of Arts, Music Ministry 1991, Multnomah University Portland,OR Bachelor of Arts, Church Music 1977, Multnomah School of the Bible Portland, OR Diploma in Bible
- 2012 to present, Grace Church Molalla, OR | Associate Pastor
- 1996 - 2011, Evangelical Free Church Chico, CA | Worship & Music Pastor
- 1986 - 1988 Melrose Community Church Roseburg, OR | Youth Pastor
Full Name: George Hoherd
Spouse: Madeline Hoherd
Address: 5111 Blackcloud Loop Colorado Springs, CO 80922
Position: Associate Pastor, Christian Ed, Counselor, Small Groups
- MDiv-Western Seminary
- Chaplain - Southern Baptist
- Ongoing training in counseling
- Senior Pastor
- Minister of Education
- Minister of Pastoral Care
- Chaplain Intern Chaplain: Boys and Girls Ranch
- Chaplain: Disaster Relief
- Counseling Center Therapist
- Small Group Leader
- Workshop Presenter
- Life Coach/Mentor
Full Name: Joshua Holland
Spouse: Lindsi Holland
Address: 84 SW 1st Street Chehalis, WA 98532
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor
M.Div., Western Seminary, 2012
B.A., Seattle Pacific U., 2000
- Co-pastor, Trinity Christian Fellowship, Chehalis, WA (a ministry/church-plant of Mountain View Baptist Church, Centralia, WA) 2008-2011
- Pastoral Intern, Mountain View Baptist Church, 2005-2008 (College Ministry, Youth, Worship)
Full Name: Ryan Huckabay
Spouse: Jacey Huckabay
Address: 115 Stoney Hill Drive Folsom, CA 95630
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor, Adult, Youth, Christian Ed, Small Groups
- Started a Masters of Divinity form Western Seminary in Fall 2013
- Bachelor of Science in Christian Leadership from William Jessup University - Spring 2013
- Certificate of accomplishment in Project Management from Folsom Lake College
- Credentials - AutoCAD Training I and II - Innovation Games - Orange Belt
- 7 years experience as a volunteer leader in a College-Age/Young Adults group. Entailed: preaching, small groups leadership,event planning, outreach event coordination, prayer team.
- 2 years volunteering at the Twin Lakes Food Bank. Entailed serving the clients and coordinating portions of the seasonal events.
Full Name: Matthew Jensen
Spouse: Suzanne Jensen
Address: PO Box 8857 Kodiak, AK 99615
Position: Pastor, Adult, Small Groups
- Western Seminary, Portland, OR Master of Arts, Biblical and Theological Studies Anticipated Graduation Date, May 2014
- University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT Master of Arts, Human Development and Family Relations 1999 Accredited Marital and Family Therapy Training Program
- Messiah College, Grantham, PA Bachelor of Arts, Double Major: Psychology & Family Studies 1997 Graduated Summa Cum Laude Outstanding Psychology Student, 1997
- Ordained in the Christian and Missionary Alliance, October 2006
- Licensed Worker of the Christian Missionary Alliance 2003-2012 Kodiak Bible Chapel, Kodiak, AK
- 2003-2012 Assistant Pastor -Functionally managed a church of approximately 300 regular attendees including oversight of finances, facility, staff, and lay workers -Supervised and directed staff including administrative assistant, youth and children's ministry director and custodians -Designed, launched and co-lead a multi-church youth worship service called â?oOASISâ? -Preached at weekly OASIS services and occasional Sunday Services -Redesigned and revitalized Young Adult Ministries -Provided pre-marital, marital, and individual counseling -Coordinated the Adult Sunday School Program
- Additional experience includes: Ministerial Assistant, Kodiak Bible Chapel 2002-2003; Intern, Kodiak Bible Chapel 2001-2002; Youth Leader Wethersfield Evangelical Free Church (volunteer) 1997-2000; Therapist Intern, The Wheeler Clinic 1998-1999; Social Work Intern, Manchester High School 1997-1998
Full Name: Charles E Jordan
Spouse: Diana N Jordan
Address: 5070 SW 141 St. Beaverton, OR 97005
Position: Pastor, Small Groups
- BA Psychology, Bethel University, 1970, St.Paul MN
- MDiv. Christian Education Western Seminary 1975 Portland OR
- First Baptist Church, Hillsboro OR, Youth Pastor 1977- 1978
- Oak Grove Church, Oak Grove OR, Senior Pastor 1979-1981
- Sonrise Baptist Church, Hillsboro OR, Assistant Pastor 1982-1983
- Cornelius Community Church, Assistant Pastor, Cornelius OR. 1984-1986
- SouthWest Hills Baptist Church, Lay leader 1986-2005
- TEAM missionary Hope Bible Church Mitaka Japan, 2005 2012
Full Name: Lawrence Lucas
Spouse: Teresa Lucas
Address: 1100 Circle Ln City: Bedford, TX 76022
Position: Pastor, Assimilation
- Ph.D., (abd) Dallas Theological Seminary (Theological Studies)
- Ph.D., California Graduate School of Theology (New Testament; minor Church Growth)
- M.Div., Th.M., Western Conservative Baptist Seminary (Pastoral/Theological Studies)
- B.A. Evangelical Christian College (Pastoral/Theological Studies)
- Southwestern Baptist Seminary (language studies)
- University of Minnesota (Dutch language studies)
- Mesa College (German language studies)
- Ordination: First Baptist Church, Canby, OR, Willamette Association
- Senior Pastor, Mid Cities Bible Church, Bedford, TX 2007 - present
- Senior Pastor, Valley Bible Church, San Marcos, CA 2005 - 2007
- Senior Pastor, Grace Evangelical Free Church, Fridley, MN 1999 - 2005
- Senior Pastor, Oak Grove Church, Golden Valley, MN 1994 - 1999
- Professor of Theology, Tyndale Theological Seminary, Badhoevedorp, NL 1992 - 1994
- Church Planting Pastor, Redeemer Bible Church, Fort Worth, TX 1984 - 1992
- Senior Pastor, Orchard Avenue Baptist Church, Grand Junction, CO 1981 - 1983
- Associate Pastor, First Baptist Church, Canby, OR 1976 - 1981
Full Name: Chad Nieuwendorp
Spouse: Jennifer Nieuwendorp
Address: 17418 159th Ave SE Renton, WA 98058
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor, Adult Small Groups
- B.A. Biblical Education Multnomah Bible College Portland, OR
- M.A. Evangelism and Equipping Western Seminary Portland, OR
EAST RENTON COMMUNITY CHURCH, Renton, WA Associate Pastor ~ 2008-present
- Participate with the pastors and elders in church vision, leadership, and shepherding
- Direct all aspects of the small group ministry: leader training, assimilation
- Developed a strategy and oversee all aspects of one-to-one discipleship ministry
- Oversee key volunteers in Sunday morning and mid-week children’s ministry
- Team-teach a class addressing spiritual growth, parenting, and marriage
- Prepare and deliver biblically-based and Christ-focused sermons when asked
- Provide individual, pre-marital and marital counseling as needs arise
- Participate and provide leadership in community service and outreach projectsPlan and organize activities and events for encouraging families
SOUTH HILLS CHURCH, Kennewick, WA Young Family Pastor ~ 2002-3
- 100 year old church with regular attendance over 1000
- Started an outreach using the Upward soccer program. This grew to include 300+ players and their families requiring dozens of volunteers to recruit, train, and lead
- Directed all vision, planning, and efforts toward meeting the needs of young families
- Regularly taught marriage classes, parenting classes, men’s bible study, and others
- Provided pre-marital and marital counseling as needed
- Contributed as a member of the creative planning team for worship ministries
AFRICAN LEADERSHIP PARTNERS, Swaziland, Africa Missionary ~ 1998-2001
- Develop and maintain a prayer and financial support network
- Directed a para-church student ministry to international students, avg. 60 students
- Develop all aspects of vision, discipleship, program development, and student care
- Consulted with local churches for youth ministry development
Date Submitted: 8/1/2013
Full Name: Jason Patterson
Address: PO Box 9130 Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
Positions: Associate Pastor, Youth, Small Groups
- Central Washington University 2000-2005 BA Law & Justice
- Western Seminary 2013-Present
- Youth Ministries Director
- Grace Community Church
- Mammoth Lakes, CA, 2010-2013
- Mens Ministries Director
- The Station Camp, Mammoth Lakes CA, 2008-2010
- Waterfront Coordinator, SAMBICA Camp, Bellevue, WA, 2004-2007
- Master Teacher/Coach, NBC Camps, Newberg, OR, 2011-2013
Full Name: Tim Pettey
Address: 4825 Titan St. Santa Maria, CA 93455
Phone: (805) 714-3675
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor
- MA Exegetical Theology, Western 1993
- BA Christian Education, BIOLA 1978
- Church Planter and Lead Pastor- Crosspoint Community Church, Santa Maria, CA 1992-2012
- Minister of Youth- Grace Baptist Church, Santa Maria, CA 1980-1991
- Youth Ministry Intern- Sunkist Baptist Church, Anaheim, CA 1976-1978
Full Name: Thomas P. Redmond
Spouse: Deborah J.
Address: 519 S. Milwaukee Ave #6 Wheeling, IL 60090
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor, Adult Small Groups
- Th.M. in Systematic Theology, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, IL.
- M.A. in Pastoral Counseling, Western Seminary, Portland, OR.
- M.Div., Western Seminary, Portland, OR.
- B.A. in English, Bard College, Annandale-on-Hudson, NY.
- Listed in Who's Who in American Christian Leadership, 1989, and in Who's Who in Religion (fourth edition).
- Wrote book review for scholarly journal, 1995, published by Trinity Evangelical Divinity School.
- Pastor, First Baptist Church, Chugwater, WY (near Cheyenne), 1988-1991.
- Associate Pastor, Calvary Baptist Church, Longview, WA. This position was under a temporary fund for 3 months right after First Baptist, Kelso.
- Pastor, First Baptist Church, Kelso, WA, 1982-1983.
- Acting Pastor, Vly Chapel, Stone Ridge, NY, 1977.
Except for the Associate Pastor position, these pastorates were all solo positions in small churches approximately 50 people or less.
Date Submitted: Thursday, July 18, 2013
Full Name: Gary Lee Schultz
Address: 1417 15th St. Oregon City, OR 97045
Positions: Pastor, Associate Pastor, Adult, Assimilation
- Western Seminary, Portland, Oregon -Master of Divinity: Pastoral Major; Graduated with Highest Honors 1992
- Moody Bible Institute, Chicago, Illinois -Bachelor of Arts: International Ministries Major; Graduated 1986
- Morton College (Junior College), Cicero, Illinois -Undergraduate courses from 1984-1986 * Ordained as a Pastor by Grace Bible Church of Astoria
- Grace Bible Church of Astoria, Astoria, Illinois, 1995-2013 -Pastor (duties included fasting and prayer, Bible study, teaching, preaching, counseling, leading worship and various meetings, sharing God's vision, leading solemn assembly prayer meetings, confronting false teachers - especially in the Church's former denomination, ministry training, taking mission trips, and helping with various tasks).
- Community Bible Fellowship (now Trinity Fellowship), Portland, Oregon, 1988-1995 -Church Plant Team leader (duties included developing a vision and strategy for a new Church, and mobilizing believers for prayer and ministry), Fellowship Group Leader (duties included starting new small group, teaching, counseling, planning, and mobilizing believers for ministry), Men's Accountability Group Participant, Billy Graham Crusade Counselor, and Church Intern.
- Cornerstone Church (now Grace Bible Church), Berwyn, Illinois, 1983-1988 -Church Clerk (duties included participating in Church Board decisions, keeping records, overseeing ministries, and counting offerings), Worship Service Moderator, Discipleship Group Leader, Sunday School Teacher, and Prayer Meeting Coordinator.
- Moody Bible Institute, Chicago, Illinois, 1980-1986 -Student Missions President (duties included public speaking, arranging for speakers at student chapels, coordinating various ministries, and mobilizing students for local and global missions), Ministry assignments in local Churches (duties included being a member of hospital and Church visitation teams, teaching Sunday School, and ministering in Children's Church), and Summer Intern with Inner City Impact (duties included teaching God's Word, camp counseling, and visiting the children and their families).
- Military Ministry & Christ Bible Fellowship, Del Rio, Texas, 1977-1980 -Evangelism Team Member, Discipleship Teacher, and Worship Service Moderator
Full Name: Timothy Smith
Address: 6237 Palm Drive Carmichael, CA 95608
Phone: 916-201-6964 Fax: 916-361-6041
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor
- M. Biblical & Theological Studies, Summer 2012 - projected;
- J.D., McGeorge School of Law, Univ. of the Pacific, 1986;
- B.A., Political Science, emphasis on international relations, Pepperdine University, 1983
- I have been a practicing attorney, specializing in litigation for 25 years.
- 14 years of elder team service, including elder chair and chair of search teams.
- 25 years of teaching a 35-60 person Adult Bible Fellowship class.
- Numerous missions trips around the world.
- Service on the boards of various legal and non-profit agencies. Legal services for various churches.
- Provided legal services to ADF, PJI, CLS and other organizations fighting to protect religious liberty.
Full Name: Richard (Rick) Smith
Address: 121 N. 11th St., Jefferson, OR 97352
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor, Assimilation
- Western Baptist Seminary M. Div.
- 1981 Biola University (College) B.A. Sociology major Bible minor
- 1978 Long Beach City College A.A.
- 1973 United States Navy, Vietnam veteran Honorable Discharge
God has given me the privilege of pastoring full-time for over 25 years. I have also been an interim pastor twice for a total of 13 months and thoroughly enjoyed that ministry. I have enjoyed going on 4 mission trips including the Kaluga region in Russia and to Pusan, South Korea.
Date: December 2, 2013
Full Name: Larry D. Sundin
Address: 3916 N 7th Street Tacoma, WA 98406
- April 1988 - Master of Divinity, Western Conservative Seminary
- May 1984 - Bachelors Degree, Western Baptist College (now Corban University)
- Ordained in the NW Conservative Baptist Association at Albany First Baptist Church (now Willamette Community Church) in November 1996
- September 2008 to present Community Pastor of Journey Community Church Tacoma, Washington A Christian & Missionary Alliance Church that was planted by Pastor Byron O'Neill September 2004.
- Served as Interim Lead Pastor from July 2011 - August 2012 Preached, Led Leadership Team, oversaw Worship Service and all staff, plus my regular roles as Community Pastor listed below:
- Community Group Pastor: Recruiting and equipping of leaders, monthly leader huddles, leading groups and starting new groups.
- Give general oversight of Worship Service Support Teams: Trailer Ministry, Set-up/Take Down, Coffee Table, First Impressions Give oversight to our Journey Community Events/Teams Hospitality Team, Journey Feasts, Partnership Seminars
- Give oversight to our Missional Activities/Events: Brown Bags of Love, Summer Brown Bag Barbecues, Marriage Night Out
- Oversee Assimilation: Follow-up, Connect Lunches, Baptism
- Personal discipling of new and existing believers
- Preaching and other Pastoral Duties
- December 2004 to January 2008 Lead Pastor of Willamette Community Church - Albany, Oregon My primary roles here were to preach weekly, lead our staff (5 full-time staff, including Albany Christian School), vision-cast, revive and oversee the small group ministry and oversee our community outreach events. Also during my time here I initiated a call to a Hispanic Pastor and led a Capital Campaign.
- February 1997 to November 2004 Lead Pastor of SouthRidge Fellowship Baptist Church Langley, British Columbia. SouthRidge was a one-year-old church plant with approximately 90 people (including children) when I began my ministry in 1997. During these eight years we grew at a consistent rate of 15 to 20 percent a year. When I left in 2004 nearly 400 people called SouthRidge their home, with an average of 330-335 at weekly worship. We were also averaging nearly 170 adults participating in our small groups. We also purchased and serviced property for a building, which was paid off before I left. My primary responsibilities evolved with this church plant each year, but always included preaching, casting vision, overseeing baptism and assimilation, coaching our Elders in their ministry roles, leading by example in personal evangelism and serving as the church's administrator. I led the small group ministry for about four years until we called an associate Pastor. One of the great joys during my nearly eight years at SouthRidge was witnessing how God used the people and ministries of SouthRidge to bring over 50 adults into His kingdom and record over 60 baptisms. During this time I also had the privilege of mentoring 5 ministry interns: two went on to plant churches, two went on to serve as Youth Pastors and are now lead Pastors, and one came on staff with me as my Associate Pastor and is now serving as the Lead Pastor of SouthRidge.
- July 1988 to January 1997 Associate Pastor of Youth and Families at First Baptist Church - Albany, Oregon. I was primarily a Youth Pastor most of my time here. We experienced many conversions and healthy growth during our ministry here. Five of my past students/workers are now full-time Youth Pastors or Lead Pastors today. This church ordained me on November 17, 1996.
- April 1984 to June 1988 Youth Pastor at West Salem Baptist Church in Salem, Oregon. I became the Youth Pastor here after serving for two years as the Youth Director. I served in this part-time ministry role while commuting to Seminary in Portland, and working part-time as an Assistant Golf Pro at Salem Golf Club in Salem.
- Other Ministry Experience:
- 2000 forward Certified Evangelism Explosion Teacher/Trainer
- June 1998 to November 2004 - Fellowship Baptist Youth Commission: The purpose of this commission was to facilitate and encourage healthy youth ministry throughout the Province of BC and Yukon. I oversaw the Youth Leadership Training Program - a three way partnership between Northwest Seminary, the FEB Youth Commission and the local church.
- 1998 - Calgary SEMP Leadership Team
- 1993 to 1996 - Seattle SEMP Leadership Team
- 1991 to 1998 - Certified Sonlife Foundations Trainer
- 1990 to 1991 - Adjunct Faculty at Corban College
- 1988 to 1997 - Youth Advisory Council, Northwest CBA
Date: February 19, 2011
Full Name: Stephen A. Tousseau
Address: 560 Braebridge Road Manchester, MO 63021
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor
- North Park Theological Seminary, M.Div 1986
- Western Conservative Baptist Seminary, Studies 1980-83
- Biola University, B.A. Biblical Studies
- California State College, Dominguez Hills, Studies Ordination with the Evangelical Covenant Church, 1988
- Pastor, Community Covenant Church, Kirkwood,MO 1993-Present
- Pastor, Elim Covenant Church, Moline, IL, 1990-1993
- Pastor, Valley Covenant Church, Stillman Valley, IL, 1985-1990
- C.P.E. Intern, Crystal Cathedral, Anaheim, Summer 1985
- Youth Pastor, Powell Valley Covenant Church,Gresham, OR 1980-1983
- Intern, Rolling Hills Covenant Church, CA 1977-1979
Valnes, John Wesley
Date:November 12, 2013
Full Name: John Wesley Valnes
Spouse: Lisa Valnes
Address: 11598 SE 59th Ave Milwaukie, OR 97222
Position: Pastor, Associate Pastor, Christian Education
- Master of Arts in Biblical and Theological Studies May 2012 Western Seminary Portland, OR.
- Bachelor of Science in Human Development. Dec 2008 Warner Pacific College Portland, OR
- Bachelor of Biblical Studies May 1988 Millar Bible College Pambrun, SK, Canada
- Interim Preacher/Teacher September 2012- present Woodland Park Chapel Portland, OR -Preparing and preaching expository sermons, Teaching Adult SS class
- Jr. High Youth Ministry 2004-2009 Parklane Christian Reformed Church Portland, OR -Prepared, taught Jr. High youth the word of God, planned game times and Bible studies; and special events such as field trips, service events for the youth
- Awana Leader 1999-2000 Montavilla Baptist Church Portland, OR -preformed the duties of an Awana leader, leading Bible study and also games leader for Awana
- Youth Pastor 1993-1995 Korean United Methodist Church Lake Oswego, OR -Served as youth pastor, teaching Sunday School, planning and executing youth night, and several youth events
- Assistant Pastor 1988-1990 Oak Park Bible Church Savannah, IL -Full time position working as youth pastor, and evening service preaching pastor. Taught Sunday School, planning and executing youth night, and several youth events