Be watching for some changes! We are working on several improvements to the CLD website, resources, and user experience that will roll out in the months ahead.
ENROLLING IN A CLD CERTIFICATE TRACK AS A CHURCH COHORT
WHAT’S INVOLVED IN OUR CLD COURSES?
- All classes are delivered through web streaming. Students enrolled as a part of a cohort will be given access to all courses within a certificate track.
- A class typically averages around 30 minutes.
- Quizzes and study guides are provided for each class. Quizzes are required for each class for accountability purposes. No grade is issued.
- A certificate will be issued for the completion of 20 hours within a certificate track. A church may choose to combine courses from multiple certificates to create their own certificate. Please contact Bert Downs if you have questions regarding custom certificates.
HOW ARE COHORTS FORMED?
A cohort of 10 or more individuals is established with a designated mentor (selected by your church, from your church). Participants are required to complete 20 hours of courses within a12 month period in order to receive a certificate.
The structure of cohort group meetings is left up to individual churches to determine. We recommend requiring individuals to watch the classes on their own time and then coming together for a group discussion weekly. Please contact Bert Downs if you have questions regarding this.
- The church identifies a mentor for their cohort who is responsible for all communication with Western Seminary, monitoring the participant’s progress, and reporting final completions before certificates are issues.
- The mentor provides the names and email addresses of all participants in the cohort – that establishes the price the church has to pay based on the price point scale. Western Seminary registers those names as users in that cohort and provides login information to all participants.
- The church decides which courses they will complete in a 12 month period (min. 20 hrs.). Those courses are made available to all who have a login for that church. If the courses are a combination from several tracks, the certificate will be a Certificate of Completion in ____________ (church chooses the name that Western Seminary agrees to). If all courses are from one track, the certificate will reflect that.
- Upon completion of certificate requirements, the mentor will provide Western Seminary with a print out of each person’s grade sheet and a request for certificates.