Registering for a Course
Take a course for master’s level credit
Step One: Apply for Admission to Western Seminary
- If you've not yet been admitted to Western Seminary, you'll need complete an Online Application for admission.
- If you have been admitted, but you haven't taken a class in a year or longer, you'll need to submit the Returning Student Application
- After being admitted, please complete the Online Student Orientation in order to be given access to the Student Information System, which enables you to register for courses online.
- Step Two: Register for Your Online Course(s):
Registering Online For Fall 2016
*Inquire with the Online Campus office about the progress of anticipated course releases (Open registration begins in July in SIS).
|Fall 2016 - Online Campus Session Dates|
|Session "A"||16 Weeks||Aug. 29 - Dec. 16|
|Session "B"||Weeks 1-8||Aug. 29 - Oct. 21|
|Session "C"||Weeks 9-16||Oct. 24 - Dec. 16
(If you do not find the course you are looking for, please refer to the "Directed Study Course" directions below.)
Biblical Languages Courses
NTS 508, OTS 508
Biblical Studies Courses
BLS 501, BLS 501X (part 1), BLS 501Y (part 2), BLS 511
BLS 503, BLS 503X (part 1), BLS 503Y (part 2)
BLS 527 - Psalms - Ray Lubeck
BLS 535 - Life of Christ - Dr. Carl Laney
Church History Courses
CHS 505, CHS 505X (part 1)
CHS 520 - History of Missions
CNS 560 - Advanced Career Counseling -Open to all Student- (Session "C")
Educational Ministries Course
EMS 505 - Growing Disciples Intentionally
Intercultural Studies Courses
DIS 501 - Communicating Christ in Culture
DIS 520 - History of Missions
Learning to Interpret Scripture Courses
DBS 506, DBS 506X (part 1), DBS 516
DBS 507 - Advanced Hermeneutics
Mentored Field Ministry Course
MFM 500, MFM 501-504
Pastoral and Church Ministries Courses
DMS 501, DMS 506, PTS 504, PTS 505, PTS 507, PTS 508
PTS 562FE - Leading Transitions
Pastoral Care to Women
PCW 511 - Pastoral Understanding of Women
PCW 515 - Developing and Delivering Life-Changing Messages
Spiritual Formation Courses
SFS 501, SFS 502, SFS 504
THS 501, THS 501X (part 1), THS 502, THS 503, THS 508, THS 511
THS 552 – Pauline Theology
THS 561 - Equipping for Spritual Warfare
THS 564L - Prayer & Providence
THS 566J - Theology of Luke-Acts
THS 566K - Christology: The Person of Christ
Youth Ministry (Text-Based Courses)
YMS 502E - Developing A Theological Model for 21st Century Youth Ministry
Directed Study Courses
- "Directed Study Course Request" (Also called Online Independent) We believe it is in your best interest to take our courses in a learning community with other students. However, if you are unable to take a course in the semester or session shown on our posted schedule, you may fill out the form at this link to request consideration to take the course as a directed study.
Raise Your Credit Limit
- "Request to raise the Credit Limit"
Use this online form to request an increase in the number of credit hours you can take in a given semester.
To Drop a Class
If, for whatever reason, you find that you need to drop a course, please drop the course online in SIS. Please note that drops will incur a $25 course drop fee after the open registration window.