Registering for a Course
Take a course for master’s level credit
Step One: Apply for Admission to Western Seminary
- If you've not yet been admitted to Western Seminary, you'll need complete an Online Application for admission.
- If you have been admitted, but you haven't taken a class in a year or longer, you'll need to submit the Returning Student Application
- After being admitted, please complete the Online Student Orientation in order to be given access to the Student Information System, which enables you to register for courses online.
- Step Two: Register for Your Online Course(s):
Registering Online For Spring 2017
*Inquire with the Online Campus office about the progress of anticipated course releases (Open registration begins in November in SIS).
|Spring 2017 - Online Campus Session Dates|
|Session "A"||16 Weeks||Jan. 9 - April 28|
|Session "B"||Weeks 1-8||Jan. 9 - March 3|
|Session "C"||Weeks 9-16||March 6 - April 28
(If you do not find the course you are looking for, please refer to the "Directed Study Course" directions below.)
Biblical Languages Courses
NTS 508, NTS 509
Biblical Studies Courses
BLS 501, BLS 501X (part 1), BLS 501Y (part 2)
BLS 502, BLS 502X (part 1), BLS 502Y (part 2)
(BLS 512 - San Jose and Sacramento student only)
BLS 527 - Psalms - Ray Lubeck
Church History Courses
CHS 505, CHS 505Y (part 2)
THS 512, THS 513, BLS 512 (San Jose and Sacramento student only)
Educational Ministries Course
EMS 505 - Growing Disciples Intentionally
Intercultural Studies Courses
DIS 501 - Communicating Christ in Culture
DIS 508 - Applied Anthropology
Learning to Interpret Scripture Courses
DBS 506, DBS 506X (part 1), DBS 506Y (part 2)
Mentored Field Ministry Course
MFM 500 - Discovering & Developing your Ministry Potential
MFM 501-504 - Mentored Field Ministry
GLS 531-534 (MAGL Student Only)
Pastoral and Church Ministries Courses
DMS 501, DMS 502, PTS 503, PTS 505, PTS 507, PTS 508
PTS 510 - Preparing and Preaching Expository Sermons
Pastoral Care to Women
PCW 512Y - Women in Pain II
PCW 513 - Women in Leadership
Spiritual Formation Courses
SFS 501, SFS 502, SFS 504
THS 501, THS 501Y (part 2), THS 502, THS 502X (part 1), THS 503, THS 508
(THS 512, THS 513 - San Jose and Sacramento student only)
THS 551 – Understanding Biblical Theology
THS 561 - Equipping for Spiritual Warfare
THS 565L - Highlights of Twentieth Century Theology (1cr)
THS 566K - Christology: The Person of Christ
Youth Ministry (Text-Based Courses)
YMS 503E - Managing Youth Ministry
Directed Study Courses
- "Directed Study Course Request" We believe it is in your best interest to take our courses in a learning community with other students. However, if you are unable to take a course in the semester or session shown on our posted schedule, you may fill out the form at this link to request consideration to take the course as a directed study.
Raise Your Credit Limit
- "Request to raise the Credit Limit"
Use this online form to request an increase in the number of credit hours you can take in a given semester.
To Drop a Class
If, for whatever reason, you find that you need to drop a course, please drop the course online in SIS. Please note that drops will incur a $25 course drop fee after the open registration window.