Frequently Asked Questions

Will I receive a tuition bill?

You can view your balance online at any time, through the Student Information System. We will also notify you via email every time financial activity occurs on your student ledger. Statements are emailed monthly.

My Direct Loan/grant is not approved/received yet and tutition is due. Can I wait to pay my tuition?

No, students are required to pay tuition in full the Friday before the semester begins. If you anticipate that you will not receive your Direct Loan check or grant aid in time, you will want to pay by eCheck, credit card or make montly payments to TuitionPay until your funds arrive.  Please check on SIS to see your financial aid status. No grants or loans will be distributed to students with missing grades.

I received notification that my Direct Loan check was approved. When can I expect the check and for how much?

Direct Loan checks usually come in the mail within the first week of each semester provided all paperwork was submitted by the deadline. Please deposit immediately as it may take several days for the funds to become available. The entire amount of your loan (less processing fee) will be included in your check.  You are then responsible for paying your tuition in full to Western directly.

How do I make payments?

Please use the Student Information System (SIS) portal on our website.. You’ll find the link to SIS on the top right-hand corner of the home page at Look under the Business Office menu for Pay on Your Account.  Paying by eCheck (electronic checks) is free. Credit/debit payments are charged a 2.65% fee by Frontstream. Western does not receive nor can we waive this fee.  You may use SIS to register for courses, check grades, view financial aid status and monitor your student ledger.

How does the monthly payment plan through TuitionPay with Higher One work?

Students register and make payments to Higher One and Higher One make payments to Western the following month.  Please note: In order to register for the TuitionPay program, you will need to submit your first payment one month before the semester starts.  If you start a TP contract late, you will need to make two payments with the contract. See our TuitionPay Info page for more details at TuitionPay Information. (Not available for audit tuition.)

Someone wants to help pay my tuition or I have military benefits available. What's next?

If a person or organization wishes to make a contribution toward your tuition, please ask that they write your name on the memo line of the check. Payments made on your behalf are not tax deductible and must be received by the first week of the semester to avoid late fees. For more information, see our Payments from Other Sources page.

For help with military benefits, please contact the V.A. coordinator at your local campus or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

What happens if I need to drop or withdraw from a course?

Please log onto SIS to drop all courses. If you need to drop a course, you may be eligible for a partial tuition refund. The refund percentage decreases as the semester progresses. You can find the refund schedule posted in SIS under the Registration menu, Course, Details.  Any refund received will be credited to your student account, to be used in a future semester. If you would rather receive a refund check, please contact the Business Office at  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Dropping or withdrawing from a course when you have student loans may require you to submit your Direct Loan funds back immediately to Western Seminary per DOE regulations. 100% of scholarships and grants on dropped courses will be reversed, which may create an addtional amount owed by the student to Western. Please speak with the Financial Aid department along with your advisor prior to dropping your courses. Tuition paid by a third party, such as a church, may need to be refunded directly to the third party.

When are delinquent fees charged?

Delinquent fees are charged at the end of each month regardless of payment source.  “Waiting on Financial Aid” will not exempt you from delinquent fees. (You may be allowed addtional time for military benefits, such as VA, depending on type.)

When are delinquent accounts turned over to collections?

Accounts will be turned over to collections 60 days after the semester ends, unless payment arrangements have been made with the Business Office.