Center for Leadership Development
Equipping God's people for service.
Western Seminary established the Center for Leadership Development to support the local church in equipping God’s people for ministry. Every church leader can use these tools to supplement the on-going teaching and equipping of those God has entrusted to them.
We offer high-quality, biblically sound courses in five different areas:
- Training in Bible
- Training in Theoloy
- Faith, Work, and Economics
- Leadership and Church Ministry
- Intercultural Ministry
You can take these low-cost courses individually or you have the option to register for one of the certificate tracks, which are made up of 14 or 15 hours of pre-selected groupings of courses. To see what courses and certificates there are to choose from, visit the Course Library. Thank you for your service to Christ and to His teaching ministry. We look forward to working with you!
What's involved in CLD courses?
- Courses may be completed by individuals or church groups.
- They are delivered through web streaming, averaging 30 minutes per class. Audio downloads are also available.
- Each course includes quizzes and study guides.
- Upon successful completion of all courses (including quizzes) in a certificate track, you will receive a printed Western Seminary CLD non-credit certificate.
Computer System Requirements
CLD courses are delivered online through your preferred web browser. We recommend either Google Chrome or Internet Explorer for media viewing. You will need a web-capable device with the ability to stream and view course media (MP4 format), with access to a high-speed broadband Internet connection.