Center for Leadership Development
Be watching for some changes! We are working on several improvements to the CLD website, resources, and user experience that will roll out in the months ahead.
Equipping God's people for service.
Western Seminary established the Center for Leadership Development to support the local church in equipping God’s people for the work of ministry. Whether you are a pastor, business owner, stay-at-home mom, or plumber, the resources you will find here are designed to enhance the ways you are serving the Lord in your church, workplace, family, and community.
We offer high-quality, biblically sound video courses in five different areas:
- Faith, Work, and Economics
- Leadership and Church Ministry
- Intercultural Ministry
These low-cost courses can be taken individually or in 14–15 hour certificate tracks, which are pre-selected groups of courses focused on various topics. Visit the Course Library to find out more about individual courses and certificates.
Thank you for your service to Christ and to His teaching ministry. We look forward to working with you!
What's involved in CLD courses?
- Courses may be completed by individuals or church groups.
- They are delivered through web streaming, averaging around 30 minutes per video module.
- Course audio is also available for download.
- Each course includes quizzes and study guides.
- Upon successful completion of all courses (including quizzes) in a certificate track, you will receive a printed certificate.
Computer System Requirements
CLD courses are delivered online through your preferred web browser. We recommend either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge for media viewing. You will need a web-capable device, a high-speed internet connection, and the ability to stream and view course media in MP4 format.