When the administration feels that weather conditions are too hazardous for safe travel, the class schedule will be modified or the Seminary will be closed altogether.
In case of inclement weather the Seminary will take the following steps:
- Contact local radio and television stations to announce plans for closure or delayed opening.
- Place a special recording on our general voicemail 503.517.1800 to alert our constituencies of any closure or delay information.
- We will provide callers with the following instructions:
- Visit the website www.FlashAlert.net
- On the map, click on the icon for“Portland/Vanc/Salem”
- Select “Private Colleges & Universities”
- Select “Western Seminary” to view emergency weather-related announcements.
We will initiate the e2Campus Emergency Notification System to alert all registered users of plans for closure or delay.