Seminary Tuition and Fees
Important Dates and Events
Western Seminary is an affordable choice for the highest quality of theological training – which means great value for you. Not only do we work hard to offer reasonable tuition, we also work hard to keep student fees to a minimum. The resources here will help you anticipate the costs currently associated with student life, and if you have need, please explore financial aid options such as scholarships and loans.
2016 - 2017 Tuition and Fees
|Master's Level Tuition|
|Credit||$ 550 per hour|
|Audit||$ 75 per hour|
|Audit Coaching classes||$ 400 per hour|
|Doctoral Level Tuition|
|Credit Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)||$ 580 per hour|
|Credit Doctor of Intercultural Studies (D.Int.St.)||$ 620 per hour|
|Audit||$ 85 per hour|
|D. Min. Coaching Cohort only - Additional Coaching fee||$ 250 per class|
|Final Project Dissertation
1 credit hour each semester until dissertation completed. Minimum 6 semesters.
|D.Min.: $ 580 per hour
D.Int.St.: $ 620 per hour
Add and Drop Fees
During Open Registration:
There are no Add or Drop fees during Open Registration
After Open Registration closes and before the beginning of the semester:
- If a student has registered for any course during Open Registration, they will not be charged a fee to add a course after Open Registration has closed provided they register before the semester begins.
- If a student has not registered for any courses during Open Registration, they will be charged a one-time $50 Late Registration fee to add courses beginning the day after Open Registration closes.
- A student dropping a course after Open Registration has closed will be charged a $25 Drop fee beginning the day after Open Registration closes.
After the semester begins:
- Student will be charged a $25 Late Add fee and/or a $25 Drop fee for each course once the semester begins.
- If a student has not registered for any courses prior to the beginning of the semester, they will also be charged a one-time $50 Late Registration fee to add courses beginning the day after Open Registration closes.
|Enrichment||$ 75 per hour|
|Enrichment Coaching classes||$ 400 per hour|
|CEU (in addition to audit or enrichment tuition cost)||Varies by Learning Activity|
|CTC Certificate Transformation Coaching MCS 290||$ 1,750|
|Application Fee||$ 50|
|Late Registration Fee After Open Registration Period Ends||$ 50 one time with first course registration|
|Course Change Add Fee After Semester begins||$ 25 per course|
|Course Change Drop Fee After Open Registration Period||$ 25 per course|
|Advanced Standing Examination Fee||$ 50 one time sitting fee plus $25 per credit on passing exams|
|Materials Fee PTS 561L and CNS 561L||$ 60 per class|
|Materials Fee MFM 500, CNS 510 (San Jose campus)||$ 50 per class|
|Materials Fee PCW 515 (All campuses)||$ 15 per class|
|Materials Fee CNS 581 per semester fee until completed (Portland campus)||$ 150 per class|
|Testing Materials Fee CNS 525 (Sacramento campus)||$ 100 per class|
Clinical Course Fee CNS 501, 530, 531, 532, 533, 534 (Portland campus)
$ 290 per class
|Language Course Fee (NTS 501, 502, 508, 509; OTS 501, 502, 508, 509) (All campuses)||$ 60 per class|
|Delinquent Account Fee - On balances under $2000||$ 50 per month|
|Delinquent Account Fee - On balances over $2,000||$ 100 per month|
|Perspectives Course DIS 502 (Must also register and pay Perspectives tuition rate)||$ 185 per credit|
|Thesis Format Checking Fee (if e-mailed and not hand delivered)||$ 15|
|Thesis Official Copyright Recording Fee (optional)||$ 75|
|Dual Degree in Same Academic Year||$195 plus additional $30|
|Certificate/Diploma/Partners in Ministry (wives)||$30|
|For Processing Within 7-10 Business Days||$ 5 per copy|
|For Processing Within 3 Business Days||$ 15 per US address plus
$ 5 per copy
|Copying Pages from Prior Catalogs||$ 5-20|
|Diploma Reorder Fee (first diploma is included in grad fee)||$ 20|
Estimate the total costs of your seminary training as well
as financial aid awards using our expense and aid calculator.