Ron Marrs, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Pastoral/Youth Ministry
Chair, Center for Ministry and Leadership
“My heart’s desire is to identify, equip and launch individuals who will intentionally and strategically influence the church and the next generation of ministry leaders.”
- Ph.D., Talbot School of Theology
- M.Div., Th.M., Western Seminary
- B.A. in Mathematics, University of Oregon
|LOCATION:||Portland Campus, Bueermann Hall, 3rd Floor|
Further Ministry Experience
Ron Marrs is presently an Assistant Professor of Youth and Pastoral Ministries. He is the director for the M.A. in Ministry and Leadership and M.Div. He is the director of the Center for Ministry and Leadership. Ron is the leader of the Portland Youth Workers Network. Until March 31, 2003 he was the Worship and Executive Pastor at Westwood Baptist Church. He was youth pastor at Westwood for 21 years until August, 1999. He has been married to Becky for 36 years. He is an elder and worship leader at Hinson Church.
News and Information
- "At the Intersection of Religious and Sexual Identities: A christian Perspective on Homosexuality" by Mark Yarhouse
Recent Published Works
- "Understanding the Lived Experience of Novice Youth Ministers in the Evangelical Protestant Tradition" - Ph.D. Dissertation - 2012
- “Stop Abusing Stats”, Youthworker Journal Article, March/April, 2008
- “How I Lasted 21 years in Youth Ministry at the Same Church”, Youthworker Journal Article, September/October, 2000.