How to Apply - Doctoral Level
JUNE 2, 2014
Final Deadline: June 30
International Student applicants may only apply in fall and must apply by April 1.
Doctor of Intercultural Studies applicants may only apply in fall.
OCTOBER 6, 2014
Final Deadline: November 3
FEBRUARY 2, 2015
Final Deadline: March 2
All required application materials must be submitted by the final application deadline in order to be considered for admission. Paper application forms are available upon request.
Why should I apply by the early application deadline?
- Get a faster admission decision by applying when admissions staff are less busy
- Financial aid awards are offered sooner to students who are admitted earlier
- Buy yourself more time to make decisions about travel, classes, etc.
Steps to Apply
As soon as your review has been completed, you will receive an admission decision in writing. Please note that all items submitted as part of the application process are used for a single purpose—your degree admission. Once they are received by the seminary, they will not be returned to you or released to any other individual or organization.
As an applicant, you will be evaluated on the basis of:
- Commitment to and agreement with the World Evangelical Alliance Statement of Faith
- Demonstration of a life that evinces the goals, gifts and graces consistent with the roles for which Western provides training
- Demonstration of a genuine compassion for others, a willingness to submit to the authority of Scripture, a spiritually-focused vision ambitious for the glory of Christ, a teachable spirit, emotional health and godly character
- The quality of your academic history
- Assessment of your references
- Support from your supervisor or board for you to begin doctoral studies
- The extent and quality of your involvement in Christian service
- Your apparent gifts and potential for placement into Christian ministry
- Meeting program specific admission requirements
The qualifying degrees for a doctoral program are a baccalaureate and master's degree, or their equivalent, conferred by a regionally and/or ATS accredited college, university, or seminary. Exceptions to this requirement are limited.