Sacramento Counseling Department
Thank you for considering the Master of Arts in Marriage & Family Therapy program here at Western Seminary, Sacramento Campus. We find great joy in preparing counseling professionals.
Our program is approved by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences, which means graduates meet the educational requirements for licensure in California as a Marriage & Family Therapist (L.M.F.T.). And, students meet the educational requirements to become a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (L.P.C.C.) by taking one additional unit of course work.
Our faculty and staff are truly invested in the personal and professional development of each student. Thus, students experience a collegial environment that nourishes all participants, academically and spiritually. Beyond the campus walls, we partner with over thirty agencies that are also committed to equipping our students by providing a wide variety of experiences in the helping professions as students complete their practicum courses.
As a close-knit community, we maintain alumni relationships through licensure and beyond. We hope you will join us!
- M.A.M.F.T. Handbook
- Program Checklist
- M.A.M.F.T. 3 year Sequence Chart
- M.A.M.F.T. 4 year Sequence Chart
- Practicum Manual
- CAMFT – California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- SVC-CAMFT - Sacramento Valley Chapter of CAMFT
- AAMFT - American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Sacramento Chapter of AAMFT-California
- AACC – American Association of Christian Counselors
- ACA - American Counseling Association
- CAPS – Christian Association for Psychological Studies
- BBS FAQ Page