Advanced Studies Certificate
You don't have a bachelor's degree but still want to pursue advanced ministry training? The Advanced Studies Certificate (ASC) is designed specifically for you. This non-credit program provides limited and focused theological or ministry training if you do not desire graduate credit or don't meet the prerequisites to receive graduate credit.
What sets the Advanced Studies Certificate apart?
- Skipping the credit means you pay just $75 per learning unit—our audit tuition rate
- Take classes on campus or on any device through our Online Campus
- Learn in the same classes that our master's degree students take (except counseling)
- Concentration options let you focus your studies tightly on your ministry passion:
- Biblical and Theological studies
- Intercultural Studies
- Pastoral and Church Ministries
- Pastoral Care to Women
As an Advanced Studies Certificate student, you'll make the same course choices among available tracks as those offered to credit students in the Graduate Studies Certificate program, taking the courses as they are offered at the campus. While you'll earn no formal academic credit in the ASC program, you'll complete Learning Units (LUs) to demonstrate progress toward your 18-LU certificate. A two credit course in our schedule, for instance, is worth two LUs.
So find a course you'd like to start with in next semester's schedule, and then complete your ASC application to get started.
|Advance Studies Certificate||LU|
|Concentration Studies (see options below)||8|
Biblical and Theological Studies Concentration
A Learning Unit is Western Seminary's measurement of non-credit participation in a course. One LU is equivalent to 15 hours of classroom time.