Disabilities Accommodation Information
Disability Services at Western Seminary is committed to providing students with disabilities equal access to programs and services on our campus. We work to create an environment where students with disabilities on our campus are welcomed, valued, and respected by all members of our community.
By federal law (Section 504 of the Rehabilitation of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990), a person with a disability is any person who:
- Has a physical or mental impairment;
- Has a record of such impairment; or
- Is regarded as having such an impairment which substantially limits one or more major life activities such as self-care, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, breathing, or learning.
Disability Services reviews requests for academic accommodations due to a disability and makes recommendations as appropriate. The information you supplied regarding your disability will be kept confidential and will only be used in connection with the Seminary's remedial obligations and/or voluntary action efforts in accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; or, in the alternative. This information will not subject you to any adverse treatment and will not be factored into your admission decision.
Application for Accommodations
What process do I undergo to be tested for a disability?
If you think you might have a disability but have never been tested, contact Ashley Mitchell and she can discuss testing options off-campus. Due to the expertise and time involved, some tests may have a fee which is the responsibility of the student.
What is the process to receive an accommodation?
- Contact Student Services Coordinator
- Request documentation and apply for an ADA Accommodation
- Submit application to Disability Services
- Student Services Coordinator will contact student in regards to accommodation options
- If approved, a letter will be generated to the students’ professors
- Ongoing support and communication will take place throughout each semester